Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
California's Great America announced that they're removing their Vekoma Invertigo. Over on TPR, Kings Dominion seems to be one of the front-runners for receiving the ride seeing that it's one of the only major Ceder Fair parks that doesn't currently have a shuttle coaster. Personally, I'd love to see it replace that terrible monstrosity that they call Shockwave or be put on the huge empty plot of land left by Hypersonic.

Thoughts?

RE: New for 2012: Invertigo?

I see it replacing Hypersonic. Shockwave draws too big of a crowd. Besides, theres still trees that they can plow down to put it in. They will tear every tree in KD down before they replace a fully functioning coaster in that park. As long as the death toll is below about 3 per year.

Fur Dozy said:
I see it replacing Hypersonic. Shockwave draws too big of a crowd. Besides, theres still trees that they can plow down to put it in. They will tear every tree in KD down before they replace a fully functioning coaster in that park. As long as the death toll is below about 3 per year.

I can believe that. I was at KD the day a guy was killed on Shockwave.

Odds are it will go to Dorney Park, they already have cleared land.

KD just got i305... But If I were running things I would probably go ahead and throw it at KD for the record amount of launch coasters and to establish the park as one of the parks with the most coasters in the country...

michaelcollier1 said:
Odds are it will go to Dorney Park, they already have cleared land.

But that would be their 3rd invert and their 2nd inverted shuttle coaster. That seems a little odd...

Yes, it is odd, and they are getting a Planet Snoopy this year, also it would be almost the same colors as Posessed. But as you all have stated clearly many times the things Cedar Fair does, does not always make a whole lot of since. It is still up in the air on who is getting it, but if I had to put money on it I would say Dorney.

The picture is from a blog whos name I cannot remember, but it is of the land cleared at Dorney Park.

Attachments

• dorney.png
    dorney.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 25

...and it's right next to Possessed. :p

Also, isn't that just the land that left over after they removed that little kiddie coaster?

Yes, but people are thinking the kiddie coaster was removed for Invertigo. If it does go there I hope they can paint it so the colors are not so close to Posessed.

Looks like it's coming to KD...

http://www.kingsdominion.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=158

Edit:

Also, that dude who died on shockwave committed suicide. He willingly undid his restraints and got tossed from the ride.

^That means nothing. All the old Paramount parks used the same data base.

If you go by that they will get Diamondback as well:
http://www.kingsdominion.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=584

And Son of Beast:
http://www.kingsdominion.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=156

Sit back and witness the terror flash in the eyes of your fellow riders as you experience the only face-to-face inverted roller coaster in the Midwest!

Nothing has changed. I doubt that means anything.

One more thought: Who thinks that King's Dominion might put this in to try to compete with Busch Garden's 2012 coaster?

Oh wow, didnt know that... Oh well. But since busch is getting two new things in a row, an expansion to the water park and a possible 2014 coaster... A ride re location is plausible for KD.

More evidence it is going to Dorney, they filed for a 138 foot height wavor, and have a planning meeting with the county in a few weeks.

Ya, after what Screamscape posted today, I'm going to say that Dorney gets it, but I imagine that King's Dominion will get something for 2012...

Probably another coaster from CGA, seems like they are trying to get out of that park.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad