Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 23, 2011
With Colossal Curl opening this year, guests can find a brand new menu item at Daddy O's!
  • The Colossal Curl BBQ and Cheese Ribbon Chip Snack
    This large treat will offer a large portion of pork barbecue with their homemade spicy chips.

Cosmic Cafe is also getting a new Sweet & Salty Menu. The following items will be able to be found on the menu:
  • Chicken Tenders & Tater Tots as salty

What some people think is good, may be different to others, I for one think the tater tots and strawberries sound really good, I think it's good to see even more upgrades in culinary at WCUSA.

Well, then they need to sell peaches and anchovies, some people might think that's good.

I quite liked the funnel cake and chicken tenders during Christmas Town. You have to try something(especially food) before you say it's disgusting, you can say whatever you want now, but it's not a fact(or opinion), until you try it.

Alpenghöst said:
Well, then they need to sell peaches and anchovies, some people might think that's good.
tumblr_m5xsmoGW6Q1qinpkto1_1280.jpg

Sorry I had a little Alpenghost flow through me.

Think they have shots for that. :)

But seriously strawberries and fudge sound absolutely delicious, and I am sure I will not be alone in dipping the strawberries in the hot fudge.

Personally, I'd just buy the tater tots alone. Those things are amazing.

Though, I do think it would have been better if they did Sweet & Spicy instead of Sweet & Salty.

In my opinion Water Country needs to overhaul their menu across the board. When I am hanging out in a bathing suit, the last thing I want to eat is fried food. No, I'm not saying get rid of burgers and pizza, but I would love to see a wider variety of lighter foods. I am getting sick of old fruit and chicken wraps for lunch.

Reactions: Thomas and Zachary
Matthew said:
What some people think is good, may be different to others, I for one think the tater tots and strawberries sound really good, I think it's good to see even more upgrades in culinary at WCUSA.

Using the words Culinary and Tater Tots in the same sentence is a bit of a stretch. Learning how to pair foods is apparently not on the top of their list. My daughter is a Culinary Major, and when I asked her about this, she said, "seriously?", they must be focusing on the kiddies, they'll eat anything.

I myself love tater tots. W/ chili, cheese, onions, jalepenos.... You know, the stuff you would normally expect on them.

Strawberries on them sounds gross too me, but to each their own.....

The general concept of this menu is highly overlooked. It is about pairing opposite foods together that are sweet and salty. Do not ask me how they came to think of sweet and salty. Whatever the case may be, tater tots can be salty and strawberries with hot fudge is sweet. Therefore pairing them together is not that off. I think it is more of a mental block, people don't normally see these items paired together and automatically find it not so satisfying. With that said, whoever heard of chicken and funnel cake? No one, but it worked because chicken and waffles is a very well know dish that while the two foods are quite opposite, the eater has a familiar background with the food.

Sweet and salty as a concept works... just look at chocolate covered pretzels. But there are some things that just don't go together. Greasy frozen tater tots and fresh strawberries just can't possibly be any good.

Reactions: MAZ, Ben and Nicole
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad