Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Seems like DLR's way of controlling the local population that swamps the resort on a regular basis. Blackout dates, reservation only dates... Guess they realized raising the annual passholder price wasn't enough to keep them from coming.

It's insane how crazy expensive the Disneyland APs are but it's the law of supply and demand working there. Southern California alone has a larger population than the entire state of Florida and also add the 50 million plus visitors that LA gets every year. My WDW Florida Resident Silver pass costs $480 year with holiday and summer block out dates. Comparably it would fall in between the Disneyland Deluxe Pass ($799) and Disneyland Signature ($1149).

Reactions: Nicole
It's insane how crazy expensive the Disneyland APs are but it's the law of supply and demand working there. Southern California alone has a larger population than the entire state of Florida and also add the 50 million plus visitors that LA gets every year. My WDW Florida Resident Silver pass costs $480 year with holiday and summer block out dates. Comparably it would fall in between the Disneyland Deluxe Pass ($799) and Disneyland Signature ($1149).

I'm not patient enough to read through the article again but I absolutely would not be surprised if other DLR passes come with "cannot be purchased in x location" stipulations. SEAS does it with Sesame Place on their Platinum Memberships, so I would not be surprised if they intentionally gatekeep the Southern California residents.

I'm not patient enough to read through the article again but I absolutely would not be surprised if other DLR passes come with "cannot be purchased in x location" stipulations. SEAS does it with Sesame Place on their Platinum Memberships, so I would not be surprised if they intentionally gatekeep the Southern California residents.

Per the Disney site...

“Offer for Southern California Residents

A Southern California billing address is required when providing credit card information during checkout. In addition, all adults will need to show proof of Southern California residency at park entrance.”

• Love
Reactions: Zachary and b.mac
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad