Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Sir Griffondor

DrachenFire matchstick
May 4, 2021
Is it worrying to any member's here that SEAS can/will use event's as new yearly attractions?

Pantheon will be an awesome addition to BGW, but event wise BGW is pretty freaking good already. You have Food&Wine, Summer nights, HoS, and Christmas Town, all loved already at BGW. Outside of making late Feb- Early March member only ride preview, what else could BGW really do? Event wise?
(My bad if this the wrong thread I didn't know where to put it 😁. )

Reactions: SLC Headache

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
I think that only would even start to make sense if they had new events every year.

The same events as in the previous year would be the minimum of what I expect.

If they had some event that blew everything they have been doing out of the water then maybe, but what would that look like?

Same old Food and wine festival and summer nights laser show is not going to equal a new ride.

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009
Tbh I feel like every other year is plenty for new attractions. So sure, do a new event if you want to every other year. The idea of a new attraction every year reminds me of the early 2000s boom that led to the Geauga Lake fiasco and years of stagnation at SFGAdv for instance.

Invadr and finnegans are fine but id rather have a larger attraction with a hiatus year most often.

Mar 16, 2016
Honestly I think Hershey has the right flow, but even they need to slow down. Generally every other year is a coaster, then the next is the smaller attractions.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Honestly I think Hershey has the right flow, but even they need to slow down. Generally every other year is a coaster, then the next is the smaller attractions.
They definitely could go more towards a small, medium, large addition pattern. They should work on introducing new kiddie rides and improving their middle flat offerings. Candymonium and Chocolatetown will keep them going for a few years so they could ride off of those as the country readjusts to life after COVID.

SLC Headache

The Spirit of the Forest is a raging Karen
Aug 9, 2017
Tbh I feel like every other year is plenty for new attractions. So sure, do a new event if you want to every other year. The idea of a new attraction every year reminds me of the early 2000s boom that led to the Geauga Lake fiasco and years of stagnation at SFGAdv for instance.

Invadr and finnegans are fine but id rather have a larger attraction with a hiatus year most often.
Or the current Six Flags model where it's a flat or relatively dinky coaster, or Cedar Fair just adding on the wet sides of the parks. Actually, the latter would work well for Busch since the wet and dry parks are separate gates. During an off year for BGW / BGT new rides, a new addition at WCUSA or Adventure Island would pick up the slack.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Or the current Six Flags model where it's a flat or relatively dinky coaster, or Cedar Fair just adding on the wet sides of the parks.
SF has added the tallest single rail coaster to one park this year and the world's first racing launch coaster the year before. CF just added a gigga to one park last year, is adding a free spin next year. So how is this statement fair to either chain?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad