Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 29, 2010
The park will be implementing new uniforms throughout the park in phases. The phases will begin June 27th and be completed within two seasons. The first to get the new uniform will be Germany. Their uniform is a dark duke blue button down with a vertical white stripe on the right side of the shirt. It pays homage to the bavarian flag. The rest of the countries will get similar shirts based on their flags and such. The new shirts look awesome. Will upload pictures soon!

:p

Also, the new shirts will not need to be tucked in!

I heard the same thing. Can't wait to see pictures! I heard they were "inspired" by Mach Tower.

ivybrit said:
The park will be implementing new uniforms throughout the park in phases. The phases will begin June 27th and be completed within two seasons. The first to get the new uniform will be Germany. Their uniform is a dark duke blue button down with a vertical white stripe on the right side of the shirt. It pays homage to the bavarian flag. The rest of the countries will get similar shirts based on their flags and such. The new shirts look awesome. Will upload pictures soon!

:p

Also, the new shirts will not need to be tucked in!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to get my new shirt...and the fact they don't have to be tucked in...love it!!!!

Gropplo said:
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to get my new shirt...and the fact they don't have to be tucked in...love it!!!!

That is disappointing to hear. Bye-bye world class presentation and hello six flags.

To be honest they look like bowler shirts. The kind that Sheen wore on 2 and a half men...

That's just my honest opinion...tucking in my shirt makes me look fat and it gets uncomfortable on really hot days. And I highly doubt that well look less professional...just more fun haha =)

I don't tuck my shirt in when I go to work. But I'm a young rebel engineer. Take that management!

Man when I use to work for the company you had to tuck in your shirt and couldn't have any facial hair. I think it looks more professional. What happened to the image that they use to care about? It seems like they just don't care. I know it changed ownership, but still.

WOO!! Really glad because I remember working in the Festhause in the 2001 season and those tan black red yellow shirts were some of the horrible shirts ever to be invented

Just because you don't have to tuck in your shirt doesn't mean you look less professional.. The shirt is designed so you don't have to tuck in your shirt.

It's no secret that BG and Disney are in two different leagues, but I think it's also not a secret that Busch tries to skew closer to the Disney-league than the Six Flags-league. That said, one area BG absolutely lacks in vs. Disney is the themed look of the CM's. Think about the uniforms you see on Disney's Main Street employees, Tomorrowland, what have you, then compare them to the unis at BG.

I understand that it's a low wage summer job for a lot of local teens, and that it is not Disney World. But, at the same time, people go to theme parks to have an experience of a world apart from their boring everyday lives. As such, as much attention as possible should be paid to creating that illusion, and included in this is the look of the CMs. If I were to take charge of BGW, one of the FIRST THINGS I would do would be to THEME the uniforms, abandoning pretty much all "khaki shorts+collared shirt+black orthopedic shoes" uniforms. CMs would be required to appear as if they LIVED in the European setting of the park, helping create the feeling that guests were actually GUESTS in a real world, instead of customers riding roller coasters at a regular old amusement park.

I hope the new uniforms look better than the old ones. Awaiting the pics!

ivybrit said:
Just because you don't have to tuck in your shirt doesn't mean you look less professional.. The shirt is designed so you don't have to tuck in your shirt.

It is uniformed. The fact they are designed not to tuck in I feel is a sign of things to come. King's Dominion here we come.

ScoutN said:
The fact they are designed not to tuck in I feel is a sign of things to come. King's Dominion here we come.

Actually King's Dominion employees are required to tuck in their shirts. See this picture.

I agree though. I haven't seen the uniforms yet, but the fact that they won't be tucked in worries me. Most of the time it just ends up looking sloppy.

Swiftman said:
Actually King's Dominion employees are required to tuck in their shirts. See this picture.

Well in that case. Hello standards lower than KD. Under the AB management that is a change that would have NEVER been allowed. I'm waiting for them to cut the filtration process for the free water. Mr. Busch had implemented a fairly sophisticated process because he believed his guests should have high quality water at no cost. I can see that going away too.

Reactions: Coasterfan76
I currently have the new uniforms sitting in my closet right now and I can tell you they don't look sloppy at all

Well if you have 'em then others to as well. If anyone wants to share some pictures anonymously, PM me and I'll give you a way to send them in. I've gotten pretty good at it if I may say so myself. ;)

Yeah everyone working in Oktoberfest have them...for clarification I only have the new Oktoberfest ones.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad