Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
This thread violates like three different class one offenses, but I'm leaving it up for now because I'm super curious to know if people think anything about Reddit's format is actually conducive to discussion about a place like Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

In my mind, the flow of new, relevant content is way, way too slow to be appropriate for Reddit's time-centric format. The only reason a forum like ParkFans works is because many of the discussions that happen here are very "in the weeds" and stretch over weeks, months, and even years. Reddit or other forms of typical social media don't seem even remotely fit for that sort of deep, drawn-out discussion.

Am I wrong here? Is there something about Reddit we should be looking to better compete with? Would the BGW fanbase be better served by moving from a forum like ParkFans to a platform like Reddit? I'm not adverse to the discussion. I just don't want to see the BGW fan community divided.

This thread violates like three different class one offenses, but I'm leaving it up for now because I'm super curious to know if people think anything about Reddit's format is actually conducive to discussion about a place like Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

In my mind, the flow of new, relevant content is way, way too slow to be appropriate for Reddit's time-centric format. The only reason a forum like ParkFans works is because many of the discussions that happen here are very "in the weeds" and stretch over weeks, months, and even years. Reddit or other forms of typical social media don't seem even remotely fit for that sort of deep, drawn-out discussion.

Am I wrong here? Is there something about Reddit we should be looking to better compete with? Would the BGW fanbase be better served by moving from a forum like ParkFans to a platform like Reddit? I'm not adverse to the discussion. I just don't want to see the BGW fan community divided.
Oh, I'll just add on, I'm not trying to compete or get better than ParkFans, just felt like adding a new platform to discuss on

But due to my offence's, I doubt that I wont get hit with the ban hammer so... https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw2gqJ9IWnbqACxUNyUVfZbs&ust=1543327414469031

Also, Also, I feel like I am only in offence of one Class One offence and that would be spam under advertisement.

Much respect for @Zachary for the objective response. Based on the hard work of the admins and creators of ParkFans, this discussion board is something entirely different, and much better, than anything Reddit has to offer.

I'm a little confused about @Ryan 's post. Is your subreddit supposed to offer something complimentary to ParkFans? Is it an attempt at competition? Obviously you're free to start whatever social media discussion you want on whatever platform you want, but creating a post on this forum that appears to be an attempt to draw members away from this community to yours is, quite frankly, bad form.

Much respect for @Zachary for the objective response. Based on the hard work of the admins and creators of ParkFans, this discussion board is something entirely different, and much better, than anything Reddit has to offer.

I'm a little confused about @Ryan 's post. Is your subreddit supposed to offer something complimentary to ParkFans? Is it an attempt at competition? Obviously you're free to start whatever social media discussion you want on whatever platform you want, but creating a post on this forum that appears to be an attempt to draw members away from this community to yours is, quite frankly, bad form.
I feel like I touched upon this in one of my replies to the original post but, I intend for this subreddit to not compete with parkfans in any way shape or form. I made the subreddit to get a bigger following and for more people to discuss because I originally did not see a subreddit for BGW and I wanted a platform to get and maintain viewers and interest about BGW. If you would like, I could like off parkfans in a pinned post and hopefully drive more attention to this website. So just to confirm, I am not trying to use the reddit platform as to go against parkfans and overthrow it, but I mean to expand its viewer base and interest about BGW.

Reactions: jornor and ..…
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad