Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Aug 15, 2011
I could really use some help.

My entire family are passholders and we are big BGW fans, but we have an issue we need to address with customer service. When we talk to park employees we are basically told to stuff it, when we talk to corporate, they tell us everything is great, but then send us back to park employees who don't do what corporate told us they would.

I can get into the issue if people care, but I'd like to find out the best number to contact the president of the park. I've dealt with enough people and been told enough different things that I'm just frustrated beyond belief. I believe the park president is Carl Lum. Anyone know the best way to reach him? Or if you have other top officials at the park I should talk to, I'm happy to try them. I just want someone to resolve our issue already.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
It's probably best if you post the issue- people will be more likely to help if it's a legitimate concern.

Moved to Everything Else.

Aug 15, 2011
Swiftman said:
It's probably best if you post the issue- people will be more likely to help if it's a legitimate concern.

All right here's the issue:

Two years ago, I bought my son a season pass, even though he was 4, lived in Virginia, and didn't need one (because a Sesame Street pass is free). I didn't KNOW he didn't need one, however, and no one at customer service (who I contacted twice before i bought passes) told me.
So I paid $150 for a two-year pass I didn't need. When I figured that out this year, I explained the situation over the phone to a corporate rep at Busch. That rep said that we should get our money back or get some kind of comp for that. It was simple, pleasant, and we didn't get that worked up.
But the corporate told me I had to go to the park. At the park, they would only give me a 3-month extension on his pass, which I said wasn't sufficient and wasn't what corporate had told me. They then took notes on our conversation and promised to call us back.

Then they call us back and tell us, "We've extended your son's pass for three months," by leaving a message on our answering machine. When we call back, we talk to another person -- this one at corporate again -- who tells us AGAIN that we are entitled to a "credit" for the original $150.
We just need to go back to the park and all this will be in the computer. But of course it isn't.
The customer service rep at the park was polite at first, but eventually Lynn wasn't interested in helping. In fact, she tracked down transcripts of the calls with corporates and said that we hadn't been promised a credit. She suggested my wife was lying about the call to corporate. The only problem? We had been promised a credit and my wife wasn't lying. When pressed, Lynn admitted she never actually read the transcript or heard the call. She gave us the number of her boss' boss, who I've called three times, and have not heard anything back from.

I don't know how others feel, but I feel ripped off. My son simply didn't need a pass. I had no intention of going after Labor Day anyway (we don't live in Williamsburg), and I paid $150 when I didn't have to. I'd like a credit of some kind toward a new pass when he DOES need one, or in some way to be compensated appropriately.

I have this fear I'm going to get flamed for posting all of this. I really do love BGW, but I feel wronged by this.

[Fixed post. You by mistake deleted the "[/quote]" when you quoted my post. ~Swiftman]

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
You could try and talk to Cindy Sarko, but that's usually the very last resort. I did have corporate refund us a pass through the mail though after we called them, but that was when AB owned them. :(

Aug 15, 2011
BG Europe Fan said:
You could try and talk to Cindy Sarko, but that's usually the very last resort. I did have corporate refund us a pass through the mail though after we called them, but that was when AB owned them. :(

I'm new to all this. Who is she and how do I contact her? I will try anything at this stage. Thanks. Really appreciate the help.

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
She's in charge of Marketing. bgwpr@BuschGardens.com is the general email for the Marketing Dept, I make no guarantees though.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Your request seems perfectly reasonable. Even if it didn't, the fact that you were already told by corporate that you deserve the refund should be enough for the park to just give it to you. Have you tried taking care of it in person at the park? I've always gotten much better results that way than I have over the phone or email.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Cindy Sarko helped my mom out last week when my mom's comp brainfarted and booked 4 vacations. She was nice enough to clear that mistake up with the park, the hotel we were staying at and even helped my mom clear the issue up with her bank because they called saying "you've exceeded you maximum credit of $x,xxx on your card."

I think we got lucky though because we cleared this up the next day after the incident.

Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
The only issue I'd have with your situation is that the "pre-school pass" is valid for unlimited admission for a certain period of time like a Fun Card (expires Labor Day), whereas the annual pass is good for the entire season, plus 50% off admission to Christmas Town. So, they are not exactly comparable.

I actually think the free 3 months is pretty generous gesture of good faith. I don't see where they'd really owe you anything. The park really is in no way in the wrong.

That being said, I'm sure you feel slighted and if the corporate office is telling you one thing, they should be able to communicate that with the park.

(FWIW, I bought a 2 year 2 park pass for my mother almost 2 years ago, and we've never used it once :dodgy:)

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Shafor said:
...(FWIW, I bought a 2 year 2 park pass for my mother almost 2 years ago, and we've never used it once :dodgy:)

You shoulda returned it, I've gotten refunds for passes and tickets by just calling them.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
When I was at the park last week my aunt bought a bow and arrow set for my little cuz (ofc he's gonna shoot me in face with it...) and the tips were screwed up on them. The cashier said that they would fix that before we left the park.

They didn't but when we picked all of out stuff up the guy at item pick-ups was kind enough to try and get us the lone tip we were missing (ten minutes after the park closed mind you). I guess it comes down to the employees you run into but the one's in ticketing aren't usually the nicest.

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
B-Mac said:
When I was at the park last week my aunt bought a bow and arrow set for my little cuz (ofc he's gonna shoot me in face with it...) and the tips were screwed up on them. The cashier said that they would fix that before we left the park.

They didn't but when we picked all of out stuff up the guy at item pick-ups was kind enough to try and get us the lone tip we were missing (ten minutes after the park closed mind you). I guess it comes down to the employees you run into but the one's in ticketing aren't usually the nicest.

I had someone at the ticketing counter give us free cut the line passes because they were having Credit Card issues and we had to wait 5 mins. So even then it depends on who you get.

BTW I've had my fair share of bad employees at the park, mostly it's the photo booth operators.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad