Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
Dollywood is doing more than just re-tracking Lightning Rod, but apparently reprofiling Mystery Mine. If I remember correctly, they briefly mentioned something would be happening to MM when they announced Lightning Rod's re-tracking. It looks like the steep drop that is located after the first block brake (brake run immediately after first lift) is being relocated and the overbank turn is being removed all together. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that the drop caused some whiplash -which won't be missed. Interesting change to the ride for sure. While the drop was on the more intense side- I did kind of enjoy the overbank turn.

Mystery Mine; Block brake exit changed to rotate to the right leading into the drop Mystery Mine; new mini drop while eliminating overbank turn
Source: Dollywood's Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really sad to see that drop out of the midcourse vanish. I remember it being one of the stronger parts of the ride for me.

I honestly find the majority of Mystery Mine pretty uncomfortable, but really still value the coaster for its wacky, janky, often uncomfortable but also quite uncommon forces. In that regard, I think the segment they're removing really is quite a loss. ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's one way to take advantage of the upside-down hold.

Ngl I now want to see them do this for Tempesto… imagine the amount that’d come out. Same goes for pantheon!

Reactions: AlpenChariot
This video came out recently by Ride on Orlando featuring a behind the scenes look at Mystery Mine! I thought it interesting given the recent questions on rides maintenance in general in the industry. I just watched it and found it very spot on from my experience in terms of how maintenance is done on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.

Also goes to show how different various ride manufacturers really are. Euro fighters are pretty funky ones.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad