Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Underrated: The Train
Relaxing and an efficient way to get around the park, especially on a hot summer day.

Runner Up: Loch Ness Monster
I don't experience any of the roughness others report and genuinely enjoy the ride.

Overrated: Escape From Pompeii
Bland, boring, neglected, and, frankly, ugly.

Runner Up: Roman Rapids
I don't enjoy taking a shower with my clothes on, especially when I then have to walk around in said clothes for hours.

Reactions: chickenking
Underrated- The catupult in New France.
Overrated- Mach Tower. It's a lame drop tower. It was very OVER advertised.

Reactions: Brandon
Overrated-Roman Rapids. Agree with Zachary on this one. Not very exciting and in the end, all you get is a drenching that sticks with you the entire day.
Underrated-Jack Hanna's Wild Reserve. Not a well-known part of the park, but calming, peaceful, and informative nonetheless. Love the little walkway behind the aviary.

Underrated - Roman Rapids, I don't have any place to say if anything is overrated but I do think Roman Rapids is underrated. I mean, yeah you get soaked but that is the main point of the ride, to get soaked and it is definitely perfect for those hot summer days when it is 110 degrees outside. I honestly think this is one of the best non-roller coaster rides in the park.

Rapids is more of a neutral ride for me. Of course you get wet. That's the whole point of rapids rides anyway. Just don't wear anything that you want to keep dry (t-shirt, shorts, sandals = perfect gear for theme parks in summer). Like PR said, getting drenched and staying wet the entire day is perfect for hot summer days when its 100 degrees out.

Overrated/underrated? That is tough.

Underrated: The train. There is nothing better on a hot, crowded day in the park than hopping on the train and just sitting down to enjoy the landscape.

Overrated: Hmm.... I guess I would say the Battering Ram. Don't get me wrong, it's classic. I just find the only time I enjoy the ride to the fullest is when I get to ride next to a little kid who has never been on it. Seeing the expressions of a child having the time of his/ her life reminds me of my childhood experiences at the park. Otherwise, the ride is like one big, awesome looking swing-set that I would totally put in my back yard.

Overrated: Verbolten - very underwhelming roller coaster. Not even a loop!?! The headlights break off.
Runner-up: Mach Tower - It goes up, it comes back down. It is proof of the existence of gravity...nothing more. Like throwing a ball in the air. Not as tall as other similar towers, always broken, bad location.

Underrated: The Train - very relaxing and enjoyable ride around the park. See some sights, take a break from the rude crowds walking around, make a phone call & sip on a cold beverage. Ride as long as you want. Toot tooooooot!!
Runner-up: Log Flume - very relaxing ride that goes up a hill, through the woods, a nice drop or two, and maybe you get a little splash. Can usually ride repeatedly in short periods of time.

Overrated: Griffon-Bland coaster that's fun, but not very substantial.
Runner up: Roman Rapids-Really poor whitewater ride to begin with, age hasn't treated it well.

Underrated: Skyride-It's more than just a transportation ride, it's one of the best views in the park and also a very quite experience.
Runner up: Escape from Pompeii-Yes, it's dirty, old, broken, and in dire need of TLC...but it's still one of the best themed attractions in the park and unique special effects. One of the best shoot the chutes out there IMO.

Reactions: Ludwig II
It's interesting, I think most of the underrated rides we all have said have mostly been the peaceful and relaxing rides and attractions we've come to know and love from BGW. It's truthfully what makes the park so unique. That despite having your typical overrated eye-catchers (ie Griffon), there is also a perfect balance of nature and calmness (train).

Nora said:

Underrated: The train. There is nothing better on a hot, crowded day in the park than hopping on the train and just sitting down to enjoy the landscape.

Overrated: Hmm.... I guess I would say the Battering Ram. Don't get me wrong, it's classic. I just find the only time I enjoy the ride to the fullest is when I get to ride next to a little kid who has never been on it. Seeing the expressions of a child having the time of his/ her life reminds me of my childhood experiences at the park. Otherwise, the ride is like one big, awesome looking swing-set that I would totally put in my back yard.

I've not posted in a long time here but seeing Nora's post stirred me out of my slumber.

The Battering Ram is a classic. I remember back in my ill spent youth screaming on that thing. It's the old who can scream louder thing. Classic.... I remember when it was popular to scream "Less filling".... "Tastes great".... Ah those were the days.

But I digress.

Underrated:
Lescoot - Another original. You just don't see a classic log flume ride done better. Yeah there are Splash Mountain and Rip Saw Falls, but those are'nt the same expeience. In those cases the ride is just a means to tell a story. But here the ride is the experience. There is something pure about LeScoot, gently rocking through the treetops on a warm July night is nothing short of magical. Oh, and one more thing, trust me here fellas, this is the one to bring your girlfriend on. ;-)

Overrated:
Mach Tower - I hate saying this but, it was a dud right out of the box. Even if Moser wasn't the builder, and it was 100% off the boat it still would'nt inspire ridership. Lack of theaming only compunded the problem. It's a one trick pony that doesn't do the one trick all that well.

Just for the record, I kinda like Pompeii, it rarely has a line and its a nice break from the heat. Also its got a fun theme. Of course that was before those ridiculous fire hoses were installed. It's not much fun knowing you are going to get soaked AFTER the ride is over.

BTW, Nice to read you again Nora.

oldtimer said:

The Battering Ram is a classic. I remember back in my ill spent youth screaming on that thing. It's the old who can scream louder thing. Classic.... I remember when it was popular to scream "Less filling".... "Tastes great".... Ah those were the days.

Oh heavens I love "da Ram" as I call it. It just doesn't have the same lose-my-stomach feel as it did when I was little is all. Now I like to sit back with my arms crossed and just enjoy. You know, I have gotten a group or two to say "Tastes Great"/ "Less Filling" on the ride in the recent past. It seems we are not the only ones who remember those fun times.

Le Scoot.. well. It was my first "big kid" ride and I still have a fondness for it. It used to have another hill (back in the day), so the ride had a little more to it than it does now. Also, it was the first custom built landscape hugging drop ride at the park. I must give it props. And gentlemen, please don't forget how many guys love to have their date ride Le Scoot with them in the same seat on date night? It's a pretty intimate seating arrangement. :D

I am so happy to see you and chat with you again Oldtimer! It's been a while. Looking forward to catching up about the good ol' days.

Now to wrap up: "Please exit to your right towards the Da Vinci's Cradle and have a great day here at Busch Gardens~~~ The Ooooold Country." :D

Reactions: Zachary
I'm gonna be all hipster and cool.

Underrated: Mach Tower
This is a ride everyone just loves to hate, mainly because of its dud status, but when it's running right, it delivers a pretty awesome ride. Sure this ride isn't as tall or as intense as Drop Zone or have the (rather pointless) special effects running, plus the horribly uncomfortable seats, but it still gives awesome views, a pretty thrilling drop, and waiting at the top (even in observation mode) is relatively nerve-racking.

Overrated: Griffon
It's been said before a few times now. Might as well not be so redundant.

Overrated: Skyride
This isn't really about the ride itself, it's more about the lines this thing gets. It's a pretty common complaint I hear that this ride can have some pretty long waits. If you want to get a nice view and the lines aren't too bad, I'd highly recommend it. If the lines are bad, you might as well walk. You'll still get to take in the atmosphere, just from the ground.

Neutral: Train
A nice, relaxing way to get around the park, plus good views of some of the coasters, rides, and even some backstage areas. Still incredibly popular with just about everyone, but stations are hard to find for newcomers and sorta spread apart a bit.

netdvn said:
Overrated: Skyride
This isn't really about the ride itself, it's more about the lines this thing gets. It's a pretty common complaint I hear that this ride can have some pretty long waits. If you want to get a nice view and the lines aren't too bad, I'd highly recommend it. If the lines are bad, you might as well walk. You'll still get to take in the atmosphere, just from the ground.
I don't think I have ever ridden this ride when there wasn't a line going out the station, especially the England one. And, you're right, it does give nice views, which makes it a shame why the ride always has a long line. Although, truth be told, it does move relatively quickly. Is it overrated? I'd put it more at neutral. The ride itself is good, as you said, but the lines are pretty bad most times.

Underrated: Europe in the Air. HA! Gotcha. But seriously, I'm gonna have to say Griffon. It takes a lot of heat - but still delivers every time for me. And even on busy days you can usually get on it without too log a wait.

Overrated: Battering Ram. This was a great ride when they first opened it. It used to go so high that you got off-seat air. After the second or third year they "slowed it down" and it has been kind of lame for me since.

^
The Battering Ram is my favorite ride to go on with my daughter, and let me just say that every time in the last 2 seasons on it we do feel that airtime. A few occasions I was worried she might get thrown out (5 years old).

BuschGardener said:
But seriously, I'm gonna have to say Griffon. It takes a lot of heat - but still delivers every time for me. And even on busy days you can usually get on it without too log a wait.

I think Griffon deserves a little defense too. I mean, don't get me wrong it is really short, but the first drop view and the drop itself are really great and the second drop is nice too.
You also bring up a great point with the line. I never have to wait very long for Griffon.
I think it does take a lot of heat sometimes, but deserves at least some praise.

Reactions: BuschGardener
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad