Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The membership things was just confusing. Having both season passes and memberships. I am glad I bought the Gold Plus Season Pass they briefly offered at SFA that is effectively the Gold Plus membership without the membership. And still dirt cheap. I guess those days might be over, though.

Is anyone one aware of how they are handling the existing passes that are monthly?

Six Flags parks are dumps. My last visit to Great America saw weeds growing everywhere because they wouldn’t spend money on mulch. Their ride operations are purposely horrible to force flash pass sales. Their is a reason that their pricing was so low. One gets what they pay for usually. M

I actually find SFA’s customer service generally to be better than BGW‘s or KD’s. And I thought SFDK was charming. Regardless, even if you accept the standard trope that all Six Flags parks are “dumps” (I hope no one makes that generalization without visiting their premiere parks, BTW), I‘m not sure what it has to do with a decision to change their membership structures. It reads like gratuitous, off-topic unpleasantness.

I actually find SFA’s customer service generally to be better than BGW‘s or KD’s. And I thought SFDK was charming. Regardless, even if you accept the standard trope that all Six Flags parks are “dumps” (I hope no one makes that generalization without visiting their premiere parks, BTW), I‘m not sure what it has to do with a decision to change their membership structures. It reads like gratuitous, off-topic unpleasantness.
It has to do with the fact that I had to jump through hoops to cancel mine.

I have visited one of their “premiere” parks. Great America in Chicago. Great coaster lineup with the worst operations in the business.

Weeds EVERYWHERE. They don’t even race their glorious racing coaster because the structure isn’t sound due to lack of maintenance.

And as far as customer service. They get 0 points. You can’t reach an actual park employee on the phone like the Cedar Fair parks. It’s some kind of chain wide call line.

Maybe things have changed since my last visit but bad experiences leave a forever bad impression

Nowhere in the post I responded to do you mention anything about passes. As I said, it appears to be off-topic and gratuitously negative.
I mention that it was nearly impossible to cancel my membership and then they charged me for 45 more days . That is in my first post. The membership program IMO was designed to milk more money out of the customer than the customer intended paying.

Last edited:
Before I sign a contract or any membership I usually take a quick scroll through the fine print before my purchase. It seems like you didn’t and are mad about it - Fine print is there for a reason.

I’d also like to 2nd the comment about the employees at SFA being really awesome.

No changes for now. Your monthly payments for your SFA Gold Pass and its perks will continue as is.
Thanks I have no problem if they discontinue but had they continued taking payments through the off season and then discontinue that would be a whole different story

Reactions: Unagi
I always find the dichotomy of reactions interesting. When BGW did this to get everyone paying what they should there was a huge outcry. Looking around various groups for SF parks effected there seems to be more support and understanding than dissapointment.

I always find the dichotomy of reactions interesting. When BGW did this to get everyone paying what they should there was a huge outcry. Looking around various groups for SF parks effected there seems to be more support and understanding than dissapointment.
I think most people realized the prices SF was charging werent that sustainable and would prefer to pay a bit more and get a better experience.

Reactions: Coasternerd
The prices for season passes were ridiculously low. And given that I always had a good time at SFA and SFGAdv, I was loving it. But I knew that couldn't last.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Six Flags America officially jumped on the bandwagon—memberships and monthly payment options are both gone. Also, you can get a SFA season pass that gets you unlimited admission all season long but doesn't include parking for $50. Want to add free parking, in-park discounts, and admission to all Six Flags properties? $70. SFA has always been ridiculously cheap, but the fact that they restructured their pass program and prices still start at $50 seems absurd to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crunchewy and Unagi
Six Flags America officially jumped on the bandwagon—memberships and monthly payments options are both gone. Also, you can get a SFA season pass that gets you unlimited admission year-round but doesn't include parking for $50. Want to add free parking, in-park discounts, and admission to all Six Flags properties? $70. SFA has always been ridiculously cheap, but the fact that they restructured their pass program and prices still start at $50 seems absurd to me.

Wait they redid there passes because they are losing money but if I change my pass to the new one it will be LESS then what I currently pay?

The only possible logic is that they want people to jump on the knew passes and get off their old legacy passes ASAP so that next year they can Jack the prices up.

Six Flags America officially jumped on the bandwagon—memberships and monthly payments options are both gone. Also, you can get a SFA season pass that gets you unlimited admission year-round but doesn't include parking for $50. Want to add free parking, in-park discounts, and admission to all Six Flags properties? $70. SFA has always been ridiculously cheap, but the fact that they restructured their pass program and prices still start at $50 seems absurd to me.

The best hypothesis I can make on SFA is that the real estate appreciation is significant enough that they dont really care much about profit margins at the park or improving it in any meaningful way. They may just be holding out for when that area builds up enough that its worth making a major redevelopment.

Reactions: I64 Trekker
The best hypothesis I can make on SFA is that the real estate appreciation is significant enough that they dont really care much about profit margins at the park or improving it in any meaningful way. They may just be holding out for when that area builds up enough that its worth making a major redevelopment.
Future site of the Washington Commanders stadium?

The biggest issue with SFA is that it contends with so many environmental impact zones that the park can't expand any more than it already has. It has that situation where if they want to install anything in the park it has to replace something that already exists. Combine that with a relatively consistent attendance annually of around 1 million guests and you have a park that feasts like a buzzard on whatever offerings it does end up getting.

Six Flags America officially jumped on the bandwagon—memberships and monthly payment options are both gone. Also, you can get a SFA season pass that gets you unlimited admission all season long but doesn't include parking for $50. Want to add free parking, in-park discounts, and admission to all Six Flags properties? $70. SFA has always been ridiculously cheap, but the fact that they restructured their pass program and prices still start at $50 seems absurd to me.

This is great news. More cheap roller coasting and stuff and no membership nonsense. But I'd pay more if they'd improve the food offerings.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad