Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 24, 2009
How did or does everyone think of the new show? I love it! Lets start this chat up!

RE: Christmas Town: Miracles

7 out of 10 for me. It's like Griffon: What they have is good but it doesn't feel like a whole show. It needs more.

I have to agree with Swiftman. The show is good but it could be much better. Hopefully by next year it has changed a little bit

I'm not the one to ask about that show. The performers did a good job, but that isn't a type of show that interests me.

RE: Miracles (Christmas Town 2011)

When this show debuted last season I was unsure what I thought. I have never been a fan of that style of dance. I went to Christmas Town 9 times each of the past two seasons and went last night. This show REALLY grew on me and my wife and I love it. Overall its the same show, but I think they changed some of the acts around slightly. I would say 95% is new cast and I think they have more quality dancers this year. I think its a very good show that actually needs watched multiple times to really get the feel for it, its powerful and when you exit Italy you feel good.

Danny
CoAsTeRDaN

Overall I liked this show better then Gloria. The Dancers were good as was the piano player/ Lead Singer.

This was my favorite show last year and it is my favorite again this year....

Miracles 2012

Improvements from last year:
- I think the singers are even better this year. Much more varied in voice & styles, and they complement each other very well.

Suggestions for improvement:
- During the segment when all of the dancers have lit-up globes, I think it would be much nicer to have a brighter light and/or different colors than just white. They are difficult to see with the stage and costumes being decked out in all white (unless this is the point).

This is a strong show. It is also my favorite one again this year. The singers, dancers and songs are all wonderful! I highly recommend seeing this in the evening when it is dark. The lighting effects are incredible!! Especially towards the end when the light projects onto the trees in an upward motion. Awesome!!!
The only downside to viewing this show is when it is really cold. Be prepared to bundle up and sit for 20+ minutes with a mug of hot chocolate. Get to the theater early and take advantage of the few heaters that are strategically placed in a few spots to keep warm.

A question... what might the effects be on a grand piano when the temperature is that cold (below freezing)? Is she really playing it or are we hearing a pre-recorded track? Not that I doubt her abilities, just curious about the cold.

chickenking said:
A question... what might the effects be on a grand piano when the temperature is that cold (below freezing)? Is she really playing it or are we hearing a pre-recorded track? Not that I doubt her abilities, just curious about the cold.

I've heard that during the entire first season they only had to use a pre-recorded backup track once. It was due to the microphone input not being fully connected, and they weren't able to fix it in time, because the show had to start then. Williamsburg, rarely post-pones a show. The show must go on.;) Now, just about all of their shows have pre-recorded tracks for most live instruments in case of emergency. As far as the piano's condition like most pianos they aren't quite as fragile in cold/dry weather. Humidity would be the only big concern.

Reactions: chickenking
Concert grand pianos run about 9 feet long typically; no idea how big the Miracles one is, but it looks to be around 10-11 feet if I had to guess.

BGWfan said:
Regardless, that's not a real piano. It's a "piano shell" with a keyboard in it. Never needs tuning. From Slam Grand pianos. (Saw the brand in a closeup from one of the videos - I knew it looked ridiculously long for a real piano)

Thanks for clearing that up. I kind of forgot it was a keyboard shell, even though I mentioned the output cable.:blush: So, disregard the whole temperature thing. Ha. By the way I realize the "shell" was made to make it look better on stage, but I think it looks a little tacky. My friends that I take take the park, sometimes thinks she's "faking it", because it's so huge.

Reactions: chickenking
CastleOSullivan said:
By the way I realize the "shell" was made to make it look better on stage, but I think it looks a little tacky. My friends that I take take the park, sometimes thinks she's "faking it", because it's so huge.

I actually agree. It seems to overwhelm the stage and be a bit distracting at times.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
I knew something was up!! I understand the need to deceive because a grand piano looks, well, grand on stage, but what else could be done with all of the extra space if it were removed?

So you are suggesting that at some point the T-Rex come out and do a few plies? Awesome!!
http://www.lenorehart.com/trex.html

Christmas Town 2012 is over. Awesome season! And seeing this show was my favorite thing to do on every visit. My little girl wants to be just like the dancers on stage. This is a very moving and powerful spectacle. Congrats BGW.

BTW, this seems to be the only show that has no male vocalists, a very large fake piano (compensating?), and stage imagery that brings a Disney movie to mind. :cool:

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad