Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
I thought many of us have those sacred mementos from park that we could never get rid of. Here is a place to post them for everyone to see! :cool:

Attachments

• ISurvivedtheBBW.JPG
    ISurvivedtheBBW.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 105
  • WolfDoll.JPG
    WolfDoll.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 110
  • CoolestWolfShirt.jpg
    CoolestWolfShirt.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 208269254_o.jpg
    208269254_o.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 118
  • 11-24-09-3651.JPG
    11-24-09-3651.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 112
  • LochTee.jpg
    LochTee.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 107
RE: Favorite Merchandise

Swiftman said:
Sorry, I didn't remember this thread. I deleted mine and stuck yours. I'll post a thing or two of mine later.

When I saw the thread title, the first thing I thought of was the stuffed Loch Ness monster I used to have. Then I saw it! I cherished that thing. Gosh, I wish I still had mine. That and my Threadneedle Faire goblet. Thanks for the flashback.

Hey guys long time no talk. I have my t somewhere from the first season Ireland was open, my brother still has one of those huge mugs from Grogan's pub. That's not to mention all of the stuff my mom has kept of ours that I would have to go through. It's amazing what you find when you attic dive.

Reactions: Nora

I collect things from the park, so I still have everything that I got there. I will post some pictures later.

Nora said:
I thought many of us have those sacred mementos from park that we could never get rid of. Here is a place to post them for everyone to see! :cool:

i loved the loch ness monster struffed animals, i got the one with plastic teeth.:D

Swiftman said:
Check out this little gem that turned up in my mailbox today:

Yes, it has recipes that are still used at the park today such as Black Forest Cherry Cake, Chocolate Mousse Cake, and Bavarian Torte.

Man I forgot about that thing. There is one on the bookshelf beside me that the parents bought in the copyright year!

You'll love the German tater salad at home

I dont have any pictures but I baught this flag thing that says The Old Country on it. If you have looked on Ebay I am sure you saw it, they have like a million of thos things on there.

It was first sold in 1979. I have no clue how many years it was available. As far as I know, they haven't sold a cookbook since this one.

I decided to check out ebay to see what they had to offer in the way of bg things. could not believe some of the items that people are trying to sell there. One guy took the cake by having an auction for discount coupons to bgw.

3)Busch Gardens Williamsburg Discount Tickets Save $45.
Time left: 22d 13h (Apr 17, 201105:41:29 PDT)
Item number: 120699825995
Item location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, United States
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Busch-Gardens-Williamsburg-Discount-Tickets-Save-45-/120699825995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a452f4b

Attachments

• $(KGrHqYOKi4E00hikfDvBNg1GVkeRQ~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqYOKi4E00hikfDvBNg1GVkeRQ~~_12.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 48
Swiftman said:
It was first sold in 1979. I have no clue how many years it was available. As far as I know, they haven't sold a cookbook since this one.

My grandmother has one of these books, a couple of years ago she made the potato salad from it.

Reactions: Bgwtheoldcountry
Found this on eBay. I'm watching my budget right now, or I'd swoop this up. If I can't have it, I'd love someone on here to get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/vtg-80s-THE-BIG-BAD-WOLF-retro-rare-50-50-t-shirt-sz-L_W0QQitemZ220758958855QQcategoryZ15687QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8014696893250319087

Jessica

I know this isn't "merchandise" but I figured it would fit with the whole nostalgic theme going on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2WIbEP2C4U&feature=player_embedded

It's an old 1980's promotional video for The Old Country shot on a 16mm camera...figured some of you would like it...it's fun watching and saying "That's over in...." and "I REMEMBER THAT!" Unfortunately for me I'm a little too young to remember some of these so I had no idea some of these places were even there

Gropplo said:
It's an old 1980's promotional video for The Old Country shot on a 16mm camera...figured some of you would like it...it's fun watching and saying "That's over in...." and "I REMEMBER THAT!" Unfortunately for me I'm a little too young to remember some of these so I had no idea some of these places were even there

Seeing that video made me wish I was born 25 years earlier, thanks for sharing it.

Time to revive another thread. Shane and I bought one of these for each of us a few months ago:

65bdd24efa0611e1b2c322000a1e9e1f_7.jpg

So a friend went to Knoebel's fall event a few months ago and apparently they hold a nice little swap meet style place outside the park where enthusiasts can sell off their old/unwanted theme park merch. Among some of the already cool stuff he sent me (vintage style 1997 Hersheypark postcard, BGT 2007 map, etc), I got some really neat Busch stuff in the process.

Loch Ness postcard
The postcard is undated, but it says Copyright Busch Gardens Old Country, so I assume it's from the 80s or early 90s.

"The Loch Ness Monster reaches speeds in excess of 60 mph while descending a 114 ft 55 degree vertical drop. The twin loops make this a unique and exciting experience."

The other crown jewel of the set. A 1998 BGT brochure. This is currently the oldest brochure in my collection. Brochures used to look cooler back then.

Attachments

• CIMG4095.JPG
    CIMG4095.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 34
  • CIMG4097.JPG
    CIMG4097.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Zachary and Shane
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad