Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
They're the Battle For Kings Dominion pins. I believe that, once upon a time, you were supposed to only be able to buy the pin for the allegiance you picked for that day. It's my understanding that the crown pin was only supposed to be obtainable if your faction won the day. That said, like all things Battle for Kings Dominion,* the merchandising aspect failed to live up to the hype. Now all of the pins are just out for sale around the park.

* The single exception to that rule was a certain promo video containing a few break-out performances by some incredibly-skilled, underappreciated actors.

Last edited:
Reactions: belsaas
At Plaza Gifts, at the front of the park, the 40th anniversary Singing Mushrooms Bobbleheads have appeared.

I honestly didn't even notice these at the park during the 40th celebration. But as they're just too cute to pass up, one just had to come home with me today 😊

IMG_4253.jpg

Of note, they're apparently a limited edition, to just a total of 288... where mine is numbered 271 on the bottom.

So for anyone interested, Plaza Gifts had two additional ones available today (sitting next to the Hurler wood blocks, which too have re-appeared):

IMG_4249.jpg

For anyone interested, the park has (finally) added some nice glass drink-ware this spring. They've always had quite a large number of mugs, tumblers, and even glass shot glass options throughout the years. But these are the first full-size (16 oz) glass ones I've seen in quite some time; so figured it worth a post.

The coaster designs are etched into the glass, seeming to make them fairly dishwasher safe. And they also have a Twisted Timbers design too (which I have yet to collect).
IMG_1627.jpg IMG_1624.jpg IMG_1623.jpg

And as I feel guilty for how many times I've already used my meal plan so early into this season, and try to find small ways to increase my in-park spending each visit, I've slowly been building a full collection -- as that way I'll have a "true" drink-ware collection at home, for those "fine dining" experiences with friends and family (most especially for those family members who do not enjoy amusement parks) 😆

IMG_1616.jpg

Those are cool. I hope they'll add a Grizzly one once it reopens. Hopefully the color doesn't wash off in the dishwasher. Do they say dishwasher safe on the package?

Hopefully the color doesn't wash off in the dishwasher. Do they say dishwasher safe on the package?
Unfortunately, no, it does not indicate anywhere on whether each glass is officially dishwasher safe.

However I first started collecting the Dominator glasses early in March. And some of those early ones have now gone through the dishwasher at least half a dozen times, where the graphics look just as good and colorful as on day one. So from what I can tell, they seem to hold up just fine. And my fingers are crossed that will continue to do so.

Also of note. A couple of the shops throughout the park have just one or two of the designs. However all 4 current designs (KD, Timbers, Tumbili and Dominator) can be found in Plaza Gifts, on the right after entering the park.

Reactions: Crunchewy
Yeah I feel like the I305 retheme has to be in the cards for the revenue stream from having……I don’t know pretty much any merchandise for their very large 10th tallest roller coaster in the world….

Yeah I feel like the I305 retheme has to be in the cards for the revenue stream from having……I don’t know pretty much any merchandise for their very large 10th tallest roller coaster in the world….
If it's going to get a retheme *and* they do make i305 glasses before that... well them I'm going to buy a couple for sure. Would become quite the nice collectors item at that point.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw these in Plaza Gifts today, where the park has finally added some merch for the older coasters!

Though on a side note, I'm honestly not sure what to make of that Grizzly shirt; as it seems they took part of the existing Grizzly logo, and placed it on a shirt which already had some other random grizzly head 🙂

IMG_1895.jpg
IMG_1894.jpg
IMG_1898.JPG
IMG_1897.JPG

I’m honestly just glad they have more merch for the rides. After my visit to Kings Island and Cedar Point last summer, it made me see how much KDs merch was lacking. I mean it’s likely related to people not buying merch. The fact in Virginia I feel like if you say “Kings Dominion” people instantly bring up their BGW preference a lot of the time doesn’t help.

I’m honestly just glad they have more merch for the rides. After my visit to Kings Island and Cedar Point last summer, it made me see how much KDs merch was lacking. I mean it’s likely related to people not buying merch. The fact in Virginia I feel like if you say “Kings Dominion” people instantly bring up their BGW preference a lot of the time doesn’t help.
  1. KD Produces Shitty Ride Merch
  2. Park Fans Don't Buy Shitty Ride Merch
  3. KD Stops Producing Any Ride Merch
  4. Park Fans "We want ride merch!"
  5. Repeat
Tumbili had some okay merch, but I don't know that people want Tumbili merch. Timbers had some great merch and I feel like I've seen a good handful of it around over the years. Most everything else KD sells though is poorly designed, generic crap.

Every single other Cedar Fair park I've ever visited has had dramatically better merch–even Dorney has way better merch than KD. I don't understand why everyone else gets Made To Thrill collabs, custom plush toys, great, original, ride and park specific tshirt designs, etc, etc while KD continues to have just a sea of crap. As someone who wants to give KD money in exchange for good, well-designed stuff, I find it endlessly frustrating.

APPLE ZAPPLE AND REPTILIAN MERCH, WHEN?! JUST TAKE THE LOGO IMAGE FILE AND DRAG IT INTO THE MIDDLE OF A SOLID, APPROPRIATELY COLORED TSHIRT IN THE LITTLE DESIGNER THING. DO NOT MAKE IT TIE-DYE, DO NOT ARTIFICIALLY AGE IT, DO NOT LET THE MERCH PERSON GOOGLE ROYALTY FREE APPLE OR CROCODILE IMAGES TO PLACE BEHIND THE LOGO IMAGE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RESIST THE URGE TO PLASTER RIDE STATS ALL OVER IT. LOGO -> TSHIRT -> ORDER. PLZ KD.

Last edited:
The Anaconda one is pretty decent, but I wouldn't want an Anaconda shirt even if it was amazing. I actually just rode it again yesterday. First time in 2 years (at least). There's moments on the ride that are good, like the first loop, the drop into the lake and the corkscrew, but then there are all those awkward transitions that bang my neck into the restraint.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad