Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Are we going to talk about the "christmas ornament" reward for this year?

It's a piece of recycled paper with flower seeds inside.

They might as well have made it a "print-at-home" activity.

And before anyone thinks this would be a nice gesture to protect the planet:
It comes individually wrapped in plastic backed by regular cardboard and no instructions on when or where to plant the flowers.
Do you first have to print a card to then print a voucher for them to then throw away?

• Haha
Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
So apparently the Member Glasses that were $15 each for the first 10 months of the year are now $10 for one and $75 for $12. I’m sure I used Busch bucks for a few but still a little perturbed.

Reactions: Coasternerd
So, they're lifting blackout dates for basic memberships this Friday and Saturday, two of the busiest days of Christmastown? Seems like a great idea. 🙄
The price of single day tickets is far higher than years past. If sales aren’t panning out, this may be driving the decision.

Anticipated guest levels for this weekend may be down with the forecast for the weekend past Thanksgiving having been poor for a while. It is starting to clear up some, but it is possible their metrics for gauging expected attendance have been influenced. Ticket sales, quick queue sales, speakeasy sales etc may all be down. Could be weather related, could be just an off year for people going to CT right after Thanksgiving, not sure. But them removing blackout dates definitely leads me to believe they want more people there.

Anticipated guest levels for this weekend may be down with the forecast for the weekend past Thanksgiving having been poor for a while. It is starting to clear up some, but it is possible their metrics for gauging expected attendance have been influenced. Ticket sales, quick queue sales, speakeasy sales etc may all be down. Could be weather related, could be just an off year for people going to CT right after Thanksgiving, not sure. But them removing blackout dates definitely leads me to believe they want more people there.
I think this is spot on. The forecast for Friday AND Sunday is showing at least a 75% chance of rain with highs in the 50s.

I just dealt with that at BGT Sunday, and no thanks to doing that twice in one week.

Last edited:
Well I just called SEAS and cancelled my membership from auto renewing. Tried to do it a few times online using their link and I never got a confirmation email so I said screw it and called them. It ends this weekend so if I want to go to CT it has to be this weekend. There were a few reasons I did it. First off, right now, I'm spending enough on Christmas gifts so having it renew now is not optimal with all of the Xmas stuff I still need to get. Then there was the drop in services, staffing and lack of dining places open along with a few other issues that aggravated me like the auto renewal. Now chances are I'll probably buy a membership in Jan or Feb so it's not like I'm totally dropping going to BGW forever. This pushes the renewal date forward which will make it easier on my finances as I've always paid for it in full. I've done this before and it works out for me. Even though the lady on the phone didn't ask I told her the reasons why I was cancelling the membership on the remote chance someone in management finds this out.

They should be required to ask and take note of it. Should fill out a database. I guarantee if they differentiated "value" out to "price" versus "quality of product" they would see a noticeable number of people cancelling for quality of product as opposed to the price itself when they cite value.

Was Curious about the winter sale, saw that in park discounts are being advertised as "up to 50%" for platinum:QQ 50%, Merch 30%, Food 20%. Yet another downgrade for new members, not sure if/when this will effect existing members.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Was Curious about the winter sale, saw that in park discounts are being advertised as "up to 50%" for platinum:QQ 50%, Merch 30%, Food 20%. Yet another downgrade for new members, not sure if/when this will effect existing members.
I think if you signed up for platinum from the beginning your 50% discount is still good, at least for me it was this past weekend. The newer ones are all coded differently with the smaller discounts and also renew at the current rate after the initial term if you’re on auto pay (the original memberships have not increased to my knowledge). At least that’s what my experience is

Reactions: Zachary
Don’t forget that this is the last weekend to get your DK QQs.

362FFB28-3123-4393-B74E-552878845DD2.png

Don’t forget that this is the last weekend to get your DK QQs.

[...]
Free Member-Only Mardi Gras Beads

What is this? One per member?

Not like I need any more of these, but they were basically throwing these at my kids, both at Busch Gardens and at Kings Dominion, last year.
The times can't be possibly so rough that they can't afford anymore to give at least one out to each kid that wants some this year.

Im sure they are just like the cheap ones they handed out before that was basicaly the small thin cheap beads with a round plastic disk attached to it that had the BGW Mardi Gras logo on it.

Reactions: Mwe BGW and Nibbins
How do you actually cancel the membership automatically renewal? I called customer service mid last year to cancel the automatic renewal but we were charged for two passes at a tier we no longer want. We payed for both passes in full so I’m not sure why the ez pay contract is a thing. I don’t remember this being the case before 2022.

They just stealthily implemented an automatic renewal for paid in full passes (without notification) a month or so ago. Aside from the super angry people I've spoken to who have suddenly been charged hundreds of dollars out of the blue, the only reason I know about it is because they added a single line of text to the membership descriptions on the website.

It's basically just an all-out scam at this point. Hopefully enough people get charge backs via their credit card companies to make SEAS change.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad