Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
New Member Monthly Rewards for the month of July (previously advertised as the "Month of Surprises!") have been added to BGW's Website.

July 5-10 Single use quick queue (Pantheon not included)
July 11-17 Free Pilsner color changing cup with beer purchase at BarKastle
July 18-24 Free Pantheon Pin
July 25-31 $10 Busch Bucks

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
New Member Monthly Rewards for the month of July (previously advertised as the "Month of Surprises!") have been added to BGW's Website.

July 5-10 Single use quick queue (Pantheon not included)
July 11-17 Free Pilsner color changing cup with beer purchase at BarKastle
July 18-24 Free Pantheon Pin
July 25-31 $10 Busch Bucks

I actually am surprised at how disappointing these are after being hyped as "Month of Surprises"

Sounds more like they didn't know what to put on there and just threw something together last minute.

compared to everything else recently I'd say that's pretty decent.
Curious if the Pantheon pin is the same one they gave out VIP weekend.

At least the actual value of the Busch Bucks has increased from $11.10 to $11.60...
$10 Busch Bucks
$1.10 James City County Meals & Sales Tax savings
$0.50 SEAS Surcharge savings

Reactions: horsesboy

At least the actual value of the Busch Bucks has increased from $11.10 to $11.60...
$10 Busch Bucks
$1.10 James City County Meals & Sales Tax savings
$0.50 SEAS Surcharge savings
Are we sure on that? I can't remember if Busch bucks ring up like a coupon which would be before taxes and surcharge or like a gift card after there total.

Reactions: Mamunia and Zachary
Here is to hoping not. A sign of potential hope is that I have seen them putting those pins out for trading. I ended picked up some extra ones to trade out down in FL off multiple lanyards in the park. 🤞

Are we sure on that? I can't remember if Busch bucks ring up like a coupon which would be before taxes and surcharge or like a gift card after there total.
IIRC from last year, that is the way it worked. And if it doesn't work that way, as some businesses do, the business ends up pocketing the extra taxes. Slimey practice for sure, but it frequently happens (e.g. Chewy.com autoship discount with tax applied before discount).

IIRC from last year, that is the way it worked. And if it doesn't work that way, as some businesses do, the business ends up pocketing the extra taxes. Slimey practice for sure, but it frequently happens (e.g. Chewy.com autoship discount with tax applied before discount).
It's far more complex then that legally gift cards are not discounts and have to come off after the taxed total. The businesses are not pocketing the tax differences they are still handing it over to the state. I am not sure tge wording on the Busch Bucks as to how that falls I could see it being listed either way.

Hmm, good point. I'm on the EZPay, I want to say it'll renew and hopefully without hiking the rate. I guess I'll leave it active for now, especially as I still plan on doing the Florida trip in 2023. But it also says it'll expire at the end of [June].
It updated to expiring at the end of July. Is this the auto-renewal? More importantly, did my rate get locked in?

It updated to expiring at the end of July. Is this the auto-renewal? More importantly, did my rate get locked in?
It just goes month to month after your one year commitment. After your July payment it will show an August date for expiration. Technically After your first year no one is locked in legally per the membership contracts they can raise the rate with a 30 day notice but the reality is they so far have never used that option.

For a perk like the free pins for members, how is it that they have run out for both the Big Ben ones and the Pantheon ones? They really ought to have an estimate of how many people could redeem them, and maybe even an educated guess on how many people actually will. This wouldn’t be such a nuisance if we lived right near the park, but seeing as it takes a lot of effort to get here, it’s aggravating.

We have a window to redeem them at least, but if we went out of our way to make another trip, would we honestly have a chance of getting them then? They have been sold out the past three days, and we likely won’t be able tp return for another month at the absolute earliest.

End rant.

Not sure I understand your rant. The free pin reward just started today (7/18). Are you saying you tried to redeem it and they didn't have any? The free pin reward for July is for a Pantheon pin. Not sure what a Big Ben pin has to do with that.

Not sure I understand your rant. The free pin reward just started today (7/18). Are you saying you tried to redeem it and they didn't have any? The free pin reward for July is for a Pantheon pin. Not sure what a Big Ben pin has to do with that.
You’re right. We made a trip and visited during the Big Ben promotion and they were out of them then, and today for the Pantheon ones they were out as well. Even more surprising if today was the first day that they were available.

Sorry, I was just heated after that and severa other complications over our last three days here.

Reactions: Zachary
For a perk like the free pins for members, how is it that they have run out for both the Big Ben ones and the Pantheon ones? They really ought to have an estimate of how many people could redeem them, and maybe even an educated guess on how many people actually will. This wouldn’t be such a nuisance if we lived right near the park, but seeing as it takes a lot of effort to get here, it’s aggravating.

We have a window to redeem them at least, but if we went out of our way to make another trip, would we honestly have a chance of getting them then? They have been sold out the past three days, and we likely won’t be able tp return for another month at the absolute earliest.

End rant.
So what you're saying is Sea World's plan managed to get you into the park another day that you might not have attended? No doubt this is by design..... the trickery that they've done to force members to visit the park is pretty shameful (that Pantheon promotion was ridiculous).

So what you're saying is Sea World's plan managed to get you into the park another day that you might not have attended? No doubt this is by design..... the trickery that they've done to force members to visit the park is pretty shameful (that Pantheon promotion was ridiculous).
We hadn’t planned our trip around this specifically, to be clear, but it’s wild that they ran out on the first day. On a Monday as well?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad