Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Hello I"m new.

I read through and could not find anything on it so I apologize if it has been asked before.

The member's benefits for September say that the 14th is a Howl O Scream preview day. . Does that mean the park is open to pass members that day? If so are the hours normal hours? I could not find anything about it anywhere else on the site. It's also only for pass members I understand. My dad however is under the impression I can bring a family member if I buy them a ticket( so I don't go alone) despite my telling him he needs his own pass?.

Hello I"m new.

I read through and could not find anything on it so I apologize if it has been asked before.

The member's benefits for September say that the 14th is a Howl O Scream preview day. . Does that mean the park is open to pass members that day? If so are the hours normal hours? I could not find anything about it anywhere else on the side. It's also only for pass members I understand. My dad however is under the impression I can bring a family member if I buy them a ticket despite my telling him he needs his own pass?.

it is for Members Only, no annual passes or tickets, must have the basic, unlimited, or premiere membership, a postcard was mailed to members, it was posted somewhere on here, the hours are shortened to just the night, like 5pm to 10pm or something like that. they dont post this info on their website because they dont want non-memebers showing up thinking they can get in

Reactions: featheredfear
I have a membership. I never received the post card for some reason so I had no idea. Thank you so much for helping me. :)

I understand completely them not wanting to post it on their site.

I'm sorry I didn't see the other post about it.

Last edited:
I saw a lot of friends doing this and I would love it if BGW did:
We get a members day in the spring, Hershey actually has one Labor Day weekend as well. Along with a Halloween members only and Christmas members only. 4 major seasons, 4 member only days (can’t use bring a friend tickets), and extended hours.

I found something interesting this week. My employer posted An employee trip to Kings Dominion for Winterfest, for bus transportation only. Tickets provided by employees or if you has A pass you could use that for Entry. Also stated that the Pre-K ticket program is viable for entry to Winterfest too.

What I saw that the Kings Dominion Pre-k Ticket program or whatever they call it includes the Fall and Christmas Seasons at Kings Dominion as Busch Gardens Preschool pass program expires this weekend.

Seems like some people might think there money will be better spent at Kings Dominion as this is A better perk for the Pre-k program. Less expensive passes overall, Fall and Winterfest included with KD passes and Pre-k program = better overall deal for some people to go to Kings Dominion.

For us doesn't really matter as we get enough free tickets to cover the 3 current Preschool Pass holders in our extended family.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I found something interesting this week. My employer posted An employee trip to Kings Dominion for Winterfest, for bus transportation only. Tickets provided by employees or if you has A pass you could use that for Entry. Also stated that the Pre-K ticket program is viable for entry to Winterfest too.

What I saw that the Kings Dominion Pre-k Ticket program or whatever they call it includes the Fall and Christmas Seasons at Kings Dominion as Busch Gardens Preschool pass program expires this weekend.

Seems like some people might think there money will be better spent at Kings Dominion as this is A better perk for the Pre-k program. Less expensive passes overall, Fall and Winterfest included with both passes and Pre-k program = better overall deal for some people to go to Kings Dominion.

For us doesn't really matter as we get enough free tickets to cover the 3 current Preschool Pass holders in our extended family.

Just my thoughts.
Is that saying that if you have a membership to BGW, you can go to Winterfest? That seems to be what the message is conveying to me given the way it’s worded.

Seems like some people might think there money will be better spent at Kings Dominion as this is A better perk for the Pre-k program. Less expensive passes overall, Fall and Winterfest included with both passes and Pre-k program = better overall deal for some people to go to Kings Dominion.

I think this is why Williamsburg was picked as the second Sesame Place Park. KD got one of the biggest Planet Snoopy areas, well we'll build a whole park.

Is that saying that if you have a membership to BGW, you can go to Winterfest? That seems to be what the message is conveying to me given the way it’s worded.

What I was saying that if you Had A Kings Dominion Pre K Program pass you get entry to the Fall Events and Winterfest.

Busch Gardens Pre-School Passes are expired at this point.

My point was that if someone was trying to decide where there money would be better spent at Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens this might be A factor in there decision.

Last edited:
These changes had better be beneficial to the consumer instead of the park. I'm already on the bubble about renewing four unlimited memberships...

I swear if I could say more, I would. Details are just way too foggy to elaborate. ?

At least you know there's something important on the horizon to look for!

Reactions: warfelg
I swear if I could say more, I would. Details are just way too foggy to elaborate. ?

At least you know there's something important on the horizon to look for!

So....nothing against you and your always stellar work....but how are the detail foggy, but somehow they are going to it sooner than later? Unless it's not being communicated well to you.

The park has all of the specifics worked out—I'm just not confident enough in my understanding of said specifics to be even remotely comfortable leaking them.

I haven't always been good about this, but these days I try to only tease things that are coming to light very soon (like the Water Country USA plans the other month).

I see myself as the spotlight guy in a cheesy school play—I drumb up excitement by prematurely shining the spotlight on a part of the stage that will soon be full of something worth looking at. ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is rough. My parents have a house near Tampa, so being able to go to all SEAS parks is a nice perk for me, but man... over $300 a year is a lot, considering it's less than $200 for the Cedar Fair equivalent.

Also could someone clarify what Ride Again access is? You just get to stay on the coaster?

Reactions: Mushroom
Ride Again is a little-known "Platinum Perk" from way back in the day. On most rides in Florida, platinum passholders can show their Platinum Pass as they're existing a ride and be allowed to ride again without waiting in line.

Also, more:

These new Platinum Membership terms basically state that VA "home park" Platinum Memberships only get admission and parking at other SEAS parks. No in-park discounts, no ride again privileges, etc. In effect, this means that the Premier Membership jumped in price by $7 a month and lost benefits.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad