Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Ice

FFF
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Baltimore, MD
Just show up and play dumb. It causes more of a block up to have you turn around and go to the other gate. I have had past success in playing dumb at that gate. Even got into HoS when the main gate was closed for capacity this way.

Mar 18, 2017
Well, just when you think BGW has lost their minds they come up with another one. Yesterday was the first time we had a chance to get to BGW since the weekend before Memorial Day. We stopped at the kiosks to get our July rewards and there were no rewards listed against our passes. We were with friends and they tried theirs and had the option on the Busch Bucks and the mugs. Before you ask, yes, they have the same level of membership that we do. So, off to Guest Services. Their explanation was that the ONLY day you can redeem your rewards was Thursday. WHAT??!! When I told them our friends got theirs they just shrugged their shoulders. No help and no rewards. It's just really getting to a point that when they start deducting for passes again we may just give up. As we left yesterday we talked about whether we even want to go back again. We have had passes and been going to BGW since they opened in 1975. Been reminiscing about some of the good old days and how much we enjoyed BGW. We can't say that is the case anymore. Oh well. Thanks for letting me vent.

Aug 22, 2016
Are people still not being charged for their passes?

I posted awhile ago about my mom’s pass suddenly expiring. Turns out they started charging her again at the end of May, or they tried to. Apparently she had an expired credit card on file, but she was never notified of that, or that her pass was expiring/expired. (We only found out it had expired when I went to look online at her account for something else.) When she called, they made her pay the payment she’d missed, and supposedly reinstated her pass, and gave her a few free friend tickets.

Did BGW ever say when people would start getting charged? It should have been a set date for everyone, and should have been announced. But it seems like it varies and is random.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I received an email in January, explaining how they were determining when each person would begin to see charges again. It is based on what you paid, while they were closed. As previously mentioned, there were some billing problems, when the restarted the clock.

Dear S NICOLE,

From our family to yours, thank you for your continuous support of Busch Gardens Williamsburg throughout 2020!

We are pleased to share that your Membership/Annual Pass will be extended in 2021 for the months you paid in 2020. This extension will begin on January 15, 2021 and no action is needed on your part to activate. For example, if you made monthly payments from January 1 – December 31, 2020 then you will receive 12 months of waived payments. Another example, if you canceled your Membership/Annual Pass after making payments through June 2020, your Membership/Annual Pass will be reactivated for 6 months starting January 15, 2021.

We have a lot of fun in store for you in 2021 including a full lineup of new events; plus, the all-new Pantheon, the world’s fastest multi-launch coaster opening 2021!

Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy & fun 2021!

If you have any questions, please email us at BGW.GuestRelations@buschgardens.com.

Aug 22, 2016
Thanks, Nicole. According to this email, my mom should have been eligible for 12 free months, as she had been on EZ pay the whole time. I don’t know why they attempted to charge her in May (for June, I assume.)

• Wow
Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
Mar 18, 2017
Just a short heads up. We went into the Emporium today (7/31) and they still had about 3 or 4 boxes of the Christmas Town mugs/glasses left. I don't know if they will extend the offer past today though.

Reactions: Nicole and Mwe BGW
Jul 14, 2019
Got this email this afternoon and I'm not quite sure what this means:

This Member Reward is a scream! If you’re brave enough to face the terror faster, get a FREE Quick Queue with every visit from now – Aug. 31. It’ll be good for a haunted house or select roller coaster during this year’s Howl-O-Scream, back with all-new scares on select nights Sept. 12 – Oct. 31. Don’t miss this Member-exclusive head-start—be sure to stop by the self-service kiosks (Zone B) to receive your one free single-use Quick Queue each time you visit. We’ll be waiting.​

Does this mean each time i show up in August I could get a free QQ to use that day? Or are they only good to be used During Howl O Scream

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Jun 10, 2010
Has anyone tried using the employees entrance with their pass since the reservation system was eliminated? Is that benefit definitely discontinued?

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
I was just told by a customer service rep over the phone that my free months began last month (July 2nd) and won’t expire for TWELVE months. So 12 free months. I don’t believe this at all. Any insight is helpful

Nov 30, 2018
I emailed them and got the revised expiration dates in writing. At least I’ll have that if there’s ever an issue.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad