Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I got a flyer in the mail yesterday reminding me that my membership is going to expire soon (early Oct) and If I renew now, and pay it in full (which I usually do) I'll get a $20 discount on the renewal price. I checked the website and it's on there. The full member renewal price they have lined out is $6 more than last year not counting the service fee.

It can be used at any retail or dining location in the park. There are no restrictions on what can be purchased with it. The only restriction is that you don't get change back with it as @Celticdog said.

Reactions: RKRCC and Zachary
I also found out about another change made to memberships. Basic memberships now only get a 5% discount on food and merchandise. Obviously this only applies to new membership and not to anyone who purchased one before.

Coupled with the increased discount for Platinum this means that as you go up in membership tier, the discount goes up by 5%. Here is a table from the BGW member benefits page.

Comparison-grid-mobile-2020.jpg

Sooooo.... The Williamsburg Platinum Membership just had its price cut. It's now $27 a month—down from $30 a month. I assume they weren't selling enough of them at the previous full price and saw better performance during the recent sales...?

It seems really odd to me that they opted to drop the price of Platinum while keeping Premier at $21. Maybe employee gate access and free preferred parking are selling more of those than I knew...

Did anyone buy a Platinum at the $30 a month rate? I'd be curious to know if your price will automatically drop or if they'd be willing to drop your rate if you asked about it.

Last edited:
@Zachary I have been watching the Platinum price reasonably frequently and have actually tracked it at $26.99 every time I have checked all year. Now I'm only checking it maybe once or twice a month, but I've never seen it not on sale. I was hoping to take advantage of the sale for BF but didn't have the time to get to the park to cancel my old pass with the technique you and Nicole laid out. Maybe next time.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
@Zachary I have been watching the Platinum price reasonably frequently and have actually tracked it at $26.99 every time I have checked all year. Now I'm only checking it maybe once or twice a month, but I've never seen it not on sale. I was hoping to take advantage of the sale for BF but didn't have the time to get to the park to cancel my old pass with the technique you and Nicole laid out. Maybe next time.

They usually run a spring sale too as I recall.

Also, I think this is a new (minor) benefit? (For Platinum)

Screenshot_20191207-140132.png

• Wow
Reactions: belsaas
Would it be so hard for BGW to send a email if your ezpay for some reason was not completed? So this is completely my fault....but tonight we were going to head up to BGW to grab dinner on the meal plan and get some walking in while enjoying the lights. We drive up there and just as I get to the parking booth I realize I left my wallet at home, no big deal as I have the passed on my apple wallet. Show the parking attendant my phone and she scans it then hands me a clipboard and says I need to sign the slip.I asked why and she says oh your passes are expired so im comping your parking. Then it hits me, I got a new bank card and never updated my account. Now mind you this new card I got last month and I have been to the park many many times since. Come to find out my accound was behind the Nov and Dec payments. You would think when entering the park at some point during the last month or so it would have shown up coming in, or at parking, or at least a courtesy email that my account was behind. Anyhow, drove all the way home and card is updated, guess I will try again tomrrow night.

Same for me last year. THEY had problems processing my good card, but made me three months behind. I only discovered by calling about something else.

Reactions: Alf33
Would it be so hard for BGW to send a email if your ezpay for some reason was not completed? So this is completely my fault....but tonight we were going to head up to BGW to grab dinner on the meal plan and get some walking in while enjoying the lights. We drive up there and just as I get to the parking booth I realize I left my wallet at home, no big deal as I have the passed on my apple wallet. Show the parking attendant my phone and she scans it then hands me a clipboard and says I need to sign the slip.I asked why and she says oh your passes are expired so im comping your parking. Then it hits me, I got a new bank card and never updated my account. Now mind you this new card I got last month and I have been to the park many many times since. Come to find out my accound was behind the Nov and Dec payments. You would think when entering the park at some point during the last month or so it would have shown up coming in, or at parking, or at least a courtesy email that my account was behind. Anyhow, drove all the way home and card is updated, guess I will try again tomrrow night.
Hey at least they compt parking. There was an issue on my account earlier this year that was on their end not mine. They insisted that I pay for parking to get to costumer service to get it fixed an the refused to refund in any form other then Busch Bucks good for that day only. Still bitter about that.

You know what I think would be amazing a chronology in the form or table of the various passes over time and what benefits they have added and taken away.
If values were added for each benefit (adjusted for inflation) some interesting data might be able to be messaged out. I would be super curious, which year which pass had the greatest value (afi)

Reactions: Mamunia and warfelg
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad