Membership Program

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Luke

Pusheen Gardens
Silver Donor
Jul 20, 2011
1,824
7,332
113
Williamsburg, VA
www.instagram.com
Nicole said:
Nicole said:
As of today, if you convert in person, you will be refunded your payments from November 2017 to March 2018.  

While I think we can debate the validity of their refunding you for your payments since you last visited a SEAS park, I have huge problems with this decision is general.

1. I took advantage of my pass benefits in both November and December at BGW.  I purchased a discounted Christmas Town Pass; I enjoyed in-park discounts; and I used the employee entrance to park for free in the England lot.  Additionally, as a Platinum Pass holder, I had access to all of the other parks for that entire time, and was, in fact, in Florida in January.  Why should I get all of those benefits for free?

2. Introducing this reimbursement after many people converted is clearly unfair to those who either went on-line previously, or made their transactions on Friday in person.  Hopefully, the park will retroactively refund those Members, as well.

I don’t, personally, believe I should have received any refund, but as I said there is some gray area for the months when I did not visit a SEAS park, and for those who only had One and Two Park passes.  Regardless, if this is, as I suspect, a result of the extensive, selfish complaining we have seen all over social media since the Memberships were announced, I am disappointed in BGW.  The customer is not, in fact, “always right,” and I think this sets a terrible precedent.
So, I'm curious: Has anyone actually received this refund?  I haven't.
Nope not yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor and Nicole
Mar 27, 2015
18
38
13
Williamsburg
Nicole said:
Nicole said:
As of today, if you convert in person, you will be refunded your payments from November 2017 to March 2018.  

While I think we can debate the validity of their refunding you for your payments since you last visited a SEAS park, I have huge problems with this decision is general.

1. I took advantage of my pass benefits in both November and December at BGW.  I purchased a discounted Christmas Town Pass; I enjoyed in-park discounts; and I used the employee entrance to park for free in the England lot.  Additionally, as a Platinum Pass holder, I had access to all of the other parks for that entire time, and was, in fact, in Florida in January.  Why should I get all of those benefits for free?

2. Introducing this reimbursement after many people converted is clearly unfair to those who either went on-line previously, or made their transactions on Friday in person.  Hopefully, the park will retroactively refund those Members, as well.

I don’t, personally, believe I should have received any refund, but as I said there is some gray area for the months when I did not visit a SEAS park, and for those who only had One and Two Park passes.  Regardless, if this is, as I suspect, a result of the extensive, selfish complaining we have seen all over social media since the Memberships were announced, I am disappointed in BGW.  The customer is not, in fact, “always right,” and I think this sets a terrible precedent.
So, I'm curious: Has anyone actually received this refund? I haven't.

I was told today that it would take up to 4 weeks. I'm honestly really frustrated by how they handled all of this. I kinda would've preferred a meal voucher or something instead of paying twice this month and not getting my refund until May. :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor and Nicole
Mar 1, 2016
9
8
3
I know it's not an official benefit but What are the chances they will still provide a free ticket or two for legacy pass members?
 
Feb 2, 2014
15
41
13
warfelg said:
jjofriends said:
warfelg said:
I'm going to make the bold/not-so-bold statement that with hindsight, it would have been better for them to announce to membership 1-year out, not the slow roll out, and hardline that everyone would have to switch for the 2019 renewal.
If they did that they'd probably lose people like me. The blockout dates are the days I'm most likely to visit (I'm not local so most often visit during holiday weekends), I am personally not interested in Water Country, and am generally not in the area for Christmas Town. The free parking was very handy last year, and is not on the basic membership.

I think they made the right call, if only to ease the transition since it's not apples for apples offerings at each tier between the old and new. And because I have the pass, it's not out of line for me to contemplate an extra trip if I'm in the general area, since most of the base costs are already covered.

Now, whether they handled the billing/transition aspect smoothly enough or not... different question altogether. Might've just been easier to say "get the new perks now, and we'll start charging you the new amount on your rebill." We're only talking a couple of dollars here or there in each case and would've probably made the team who fields these requests' lives much easier.
So you're saying with a full year to make an informed decision you would drop out?  Transition with two forms of pass/membership is clearly issues as even parking attendants are struggling, there's lots of difference, and still having the passes creates more confusion.

I mean there's still a chance for 2019 they make this change over and do away with passes.  All I was suggesting was that they wouldn't do anything where the availability of the two overlap.
I'm saying my informed decision would heavily encourage me to give up the pass if they did away with the old plan in 2019. The blackout dates alone means either I have to upgrade to a higher tier to get the dates I visit back or downgrade to a Fun Card (or overhaul my vacation schedule, which might mean no BGW at all). We did the Fun Cards for years and probably would just go back to that.

Also, to your idea, the pain of 2018 wouldn't be diminished, because this transition year would still exist. By 2019, everyone understands assumedly understands the two versions, so why would hard-lining it fix anything at that point? They've already done the split, so might as well see it through. They promised EZPay people no major changes for a window of time as a selling point, so they might as well honor it.

(Sorry that this response comes a page later, but wasn't around for a bit.)
 

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
8,385
21,128
113
Arlington, VA
bradd1319 said:
I know it's not an official benefit but What are the chances they will still provide a free ticket or two for legacy pass members?
Although anything is possible, we were told explicitly that legacy pass holders would not get free guest tickets.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Mar 16, 2016
2,677
5,166
113
jjofriends said:
I'm saying my informed decision would heavily encourage me to give up the pass if they did away with the old plan in 2019. The blackout dates alone means either I have to upgrade to a higher tier to get the dates I visit back or downgrade to a Fun Card (or overhaul my vacation schedule, which might mean no BGW at all). We did the Fun Cards for years and probably would just go back to that.

Also, to your idea, the pain of 2018 wouldn't be diminished, because this transition year would still exist. By 2019, everyone understands assumedly understands the two versions, so why would hard-lining it fix anything at that point? They've already done the split, so might as well see it through. They promised EZPay people no major changes for a window of time as a selling point, so they might as well honor it.

(Sorry that this response comes a page later, but wasn't around for a bit.)
Sorry if my post wasn't clear enough. I was saying I think in hindsight, they would do it with no overlap.

Just send out an email in April/May saying starting in 2019 here's what the memberships will be and passes will be eliminated. I know it sounds kinda cold to do it that way, but if they try to slow convert they have to deal with backlash for at least 1+ years as opposed to 6+ months.
 
Aug 7, 2012
616
584
93
I made the switch last Monday from my old $120 annual pass. I was on hold for 40 minutes until I could get a rep on the phone. I upgraded to the unlimited plan. I was immediately charged $20.99 ($15 for the first monthly payment plus $5.99 service fee). That was my payment for March instead of my regular $10. It would then be $15\month afterwards. He sent me a voucher I can use to access the park when I change out my pass. I'm planning to do this on my park visit this Friday. Did anybody else get a voucher?
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Jul 13, 2017
69
127
33
Nicole said:
Nicole said:
As of today, if you convert in person, you will be refunded your payments from November 2017 to March 2018.  

While I think we can debate the validity of their refunding you for your payments since you last visited a SEAS park, I have huge problems with this decision is general.

1. I took advantage of my pass benefits in both November and December at BGW.  I purchased a discounted Christmas Town Pass; I enjoyed in-park discounts; and I used the employee entrance to park for free in the England lot.  Additionally, as a Platinum Pass holder, I had access to all of the other parks for that entire time, and was, in fact, in Florida in January.  Why should I get all of those benefits for free?

2. Introducing this reimbursement after many people converted is clearly unfair to those who either went on-line previously, or made their transactions on Friday in person.  Hopefully, the park will retroactively refund those Members, as well.

I don’t, personally, believe I should have received any refund, but as I said there is some gray area for the months when I did not visit a SEAS park, and for those who only had One and Two Park passes.  Regardless, if this is, as I suspect, a result of the extensive, selfish complaining we have seen all over social media since the Memberships were announced, I am disappointed in BGW.  The customer is not, in fact, “always right,” and I think this sets a terrible precedent.
So, I'm curious: Has anyone actually received this refund?  I haven't.
I received some of the refund, not the full amount. But it was more than I originally expected to receive so I'm cool. I got it on 3/15.
 
Jun 11, 2011
58
39
18
I ended up upgrading while I was at the park on 3/29. I was told they mark the account for a refund review and their accounting would check to see if I was eligible.

On a side note, I had originally messaged them on Facebook asking them for clarification on the process after my phone call last week. They ended up responding later on the 29th that I would be getting a full refund for my 3/18 payment of $43 in 1-2 billing cycles.
 
Aug 15, 2014
209
538
93
Virginia Beach VA
I don't know if this is the right thread but here we go:

I know we've discussed the dates the new baf passes are available for use (I recently upgraded to the premiere membership), but how do we receive these passes. I don't see anywhere online in the membership portal/login on the busch gardens site to print them or "order" them like we had in the past. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Dec 13, 2013
138
268
63
You'll go to the kiosk (Zone B) outside of the tram stop and scan your pass. You should have an option there to print the BaF ticket to hand to your guest as you walk toward the entrance gate.
 

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
8,385
21,128
113
Arlington, VA
Although plans could have changed, when we asked in February, this is what Marketing told us:

Essentially, tickets will be populated in a Member’s account twice a year for Unlimited and three times a year for Premier. These tickets will be good for consecutive periods, meaning all operating days will be covered, including the events. When the park opens March 24, everyone in those plans will have one ticket available. Those tickets will be available and valid for a specified period, and then another one will populate. Free guest tickets may be used on any regular operating day, but would not be valid for Sneak Peak days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Aug 7, 2012
616
584
93
I went to the park yesterday. I picked up my new pass at the building next to guess relations. Since this is a new membership program, I was kind of expecting the passes to be a little different from the previous ones. I just ended. up with the same lamented paper ticket.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
8,385
21,128
113
Arlington, VA
It is off of Route 60.

If you are coming from the east on I64, take the exit for 60, which branches off of the Busch Gardens exit. Turn left onto 60. There will be a (usually blinking) light and a huge BG sign kitty-cornered on your left. Turn there, and follow the winding road around to the employee gate. Once you show the guard your Platinum/Premier Pass and get a hang tag, you need to go straight. The England Lot will be on your right, and there is usually someone at the middle entrance to direct you.

More information here.
 
Login or Register to Hide This Ad