Membership Program

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 16, 2016
2,693
5,234
113
So got there late yesterday, and thought I would take a shot at the employee entrance. They were really nice telling my the lot was full, that they shouldn't do this but they let me through anyways and send me over to England parking.
 
Jun 11, 2011
58
39
18
So I just called to upgrade my passes (and take advantage of the $2 off deal). My EZPay date is the 18th so they just billed me 8 days ago. I was informed that they would cancel my current passes and I had to pay for the new ones today. How are we saving money if we are getting double billed in the same month? Anyone else had this experience?
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Mar 16, 2016
2,693
5,234
113
mjones73 said:
So I just called to upgrade my passes (and take advantage of the $2 off deal). My EZPay date is the 18th so they just billed me 8 days ago. I was informed that they would cancel my current passes and I had to pay for the new ones today. How are we saving money if we are getting double billed in the same month? Anyone else had this experience?
I did. They seemed to have swung the other way with this. I ended up talking to a supervisor and expressed (until they gave in) that double dipping me was wrong, but I was happy to pay the difference.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Jun 11, 2011
58
39
18
warfelg said:
mjones73 said:
So I just called to upgrade my passes (and take advantage of the $2 off deal). My EZPay date is the 18th so they just billed me 8 days ago. I was informed that they would cancel my current passes and I had to pay for the new ones today. How are we saving money if we are getting double billed in the same month? Anyone else had this experience?
I did.  They seemed to have swung the other way with this.  I ended up talking to a supervisor and expressed (until they gave in) that double dipping me was wrong, but I was happy to pay the difference.
It is wrong, they make a big deal out of saving $2 bucks a month but that's gone if I have to pay twice in one month.. I'm going down Thursday so I may just swing by the ticket window so I can expressive in person.

I have no issue paying the difference for this month and just bill me the new amount going forward...
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
8,394
21,166
113
Arlington, VA
The official word is that they should credit you what you have paid towards your future payments. If that did not happen, you need to call back and get it fixed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Jun 11, 2011
58
39
18
Nicole said:
The official word is that they should credit you what you have paid towards your future payments.  If that did not happen, you need to call back and get it fixed.
I told them no thanks and hung up, I'll try in the morning or use the call back. I wanted some feedback from the others that went through the process as ammo. :)

Thanks,
Matt
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
May 17, 2013
313
443
63
I went in person on Saturday, and was given a white handwritten form stating I would be getting a 1 month refund (I actually got the carbon copy, he kept the original, and it went on a pile of identical forms). The guy said it would be processed in the next week, but he couldn't do it himself. He also did not know if it would be a refund on my credit card or by check in the mail.

I actually got billed for my old pass on the same day I bought the new membership, so I literally got double billed the same day.
 
Mar 16, 2016
2,693
5,234
113
I'm going to make the bold/not-so-bold statement that with hindsight, it would have been better for them to announce to membership 1-year out, not the slow roll out, and hardline that everyone would have to switch for the 2019 renewal.
 
Feb 2, 2014
15
41
13
warfelg said:
I'm going to make the bold/not-so-bold statement that with hindsight, it would have been better for them to announce to membership 1-year out, not the slow roll out, and hardline that everyone would have to switch for the 2019 renewal.
If they did that they'd probably lose people like me. The blockout dates are the days I'm most likely to visit (I'm not local so most often visit during holiday weekends), I am personally not interested in Water Country, and am generally not in the area for Christmas Town. The free parking was very handy last year, and is not on the basic membership.

I think they made the right call, if only to ease the transition since it's not apples for apples offerings at each tier between the old and new. And because I have the pass, it's not out of line for me to contemplate an extra trip if I'm in the general area, since most of the base costs are already covered.

Now, whether they handled the billing/transition aspect smoothly enough or not... different question altogether. Might've just been easier to say "get the new perks now, and we'll start charging you the new amount on your rebill." We're only talking a couple of dollars here or there in each case and would've probably made the team who fields these requests' lives much easier.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor and Zachary
Mar 16, 2016
2,693
5,234
113
jjofriends said:
warfelg said:
I'm going to make the bold/not-so-bold statement that with hindsight, it would have been better for them to announce to membership 1-year out, not the slow roll out, and hardline that everyone would have to switch for the 2019 renewal.
If they did that they'd probably lose people like me. The blockout dates are the days I'm most likely to visit (I'm not local so most often visit during holiday weekends), I am personally not interested in Water Country, and am generally not in the area for Christmas Town. The free parking was very handy last year, and is not on the basic membership.

I think they made the right call, if only to ease the transition since it's not apples for apples offerings at each tier between the old and new. And because I have the pass, it's not out of line for me to contemplate an extra trip if I'm in the general area, since most of the base costs are already covered.

Now, whether they handled the billing/transition aspect smoothly enough or not... different question altogether. Might've just been easier to say "get the new perks now, and we'll start charging you the new amount on your rebill." We're only talking a couple of dollars here or there in each case and would've probably made the team who fields these requests' lives much easier.
So you're saying with a full year to make an informed decision you would drop out? Transition with two forms of pass/membership is clearly issues as even parking attendants are struggling, there's lots of difference, and still having the passes creates more confusion.

I mean there's still a chance for 2019 they make this change over and do away with passes. All I was suggesting was that they wouldn't do anything where the availability of the two overlap.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Jul 16, 2011
28
105
28
PrincessArlenasDad said:
I went in person on Saturday, and was given a white handwritten form stating I would be getting a 1 month refund (I actually got the carbon copy, he kept the original, and it went on a pile of identical forms).  The guy said it would be processed in the next week, but he couldn't do it himself.  He also did not know if it would be a refund on my credit card or by check in the mail.

I actually got billed for my old pass on the same day I bought the new membership, so I literally got double billed the same day.
I was double-billed as well - they didn't cancel my old pass's EZ Pay and it was still processed a few days after I bought my new pass. I tried to time it with a 5 day window to make sure the changes went through. I called and they were very apologetic and was told it would be refunded as well, in the next week or so. Hasn't happened yet, but I am sure they are all going crazy with all the changes. I will be patient and give them a break for now.
 
Nov 24, 2009
1,199
1,433
113
Arrived at the park today at the normal parking toll booth. Handed my Premier Membership card to the attendant who didn’t scan it but handed me a receipt. I asked if there was preferred today and he said “parking is free for everyone today”. So I told him I have a Premier Membership and to that he replied, “parking is free but if you want preferred you will have to pay for it”. Preferred lot was completely empty except for cars in handicap spaces. So I get basic benefits paying Premier prices.....thanks.
 
Mar 29, 2018
1
1
3
I just phoned BGW to change my one year pass to the Ultimate pass. FYI: They said they can not handle the crediting of the balance of my one year pass on the phone - that I must go to the Park. Also they charge a $5.99 fee to set me up for the Ultimate membership on the phone. This fee is apparently not charged if done at the Park. So best for me to do it all at the park. Also spent 40 minutes waiting for my call to be returned - although I was able to hang up and wait for a call back.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Nov 24, 2009
1,199
1,433
113
Zachary said:
Did you argue the point? You should have been given free preferred.

Also, my experiences since the very first day at the employee gate have been flawless.
I did briefly but didn’t want to hold up the line. I couldn’t figure out if this guy just had no clue or if he was just being lazy. The only thing he seemed to know to say was you can pay for it. Also, the traffic was not backed up,it wasn’t even back to where the road widens at the toll booth. Why would they be giving free parking to everyone, I know they have to if it backs up to the interstate to move cars along but that was not today.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor and Zachary
Mar 11, 2016
145
207
43
warfelg said:
I'm going to make the bold/not-so-bold statement that with hindsight, it would have been better for them to announce to membership 1-year out, not the slow roll out, and hardline that everyone would have to switch for the 2019 renewal.
I think this is an agreeable point. I personally would have liked them to go this path announcing this during opening 2017 or a good six to nine months out that 2018 would be a transitional year and in 19' make a one time offer for any hold outs. That gives two years to be ready and fulling running.

Disney did something similar years back where there was a good notice on DVC pass changes, a drop dead date to purchase the current pass and a year later it was hard balled into switching and/or when the current AP expired, which ever came first.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor and warfelg
Dec 2, 2013
10
24
3
I'm a procrastinator, so just called today. We have always done the one time payment for our passes, and I had no idea how they would prorate / credit us if we were to switch to membership today. Our passes don't expire until mid October this year, so there is very little benefit for us to switch now.I was offered the discounted 12 month membership one time payment today in the form of a voucher for $180 each. We would continue to use our current passes until expiration and then redeem our pre-paid voucher in October to extend our membership for 12 more months.

If we don't buy the voucher by tomorrow, the new pricing takes effect and a one time payment would be $204 each for unlimited membership. Seems foolish to buy it now to save a total of $48 for two of us as we are in NJ, and only get to the park a handful of times during the season - a weekend in spring, a F&W weekend and a HoS weekend. Have always wanted to go to Christmastown, but have not yet made it there. So, we will convert to membership in Oct, and make a point of getting to VA this Nov / Dec.
 

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
8,394
21,166
113
Arlington, VA
Nicole said:
As of today, if you convert in person, you will be refunded your payments from November 2017 to March 2018.  

While I think we can debate the validity of their refunding you for your payments since you last visited a SEAS park, I have huge problems with this decision is general.

1. I took advantage of my pass benefits in both November and December at BGW.  I purchased a discounted Christmas Town Pass; I enjoyed in-park discounts; and I used the employee entrance to park for free in the England lot.  Additionally, as a Platinum Pass holder, I had access to all of the other parks for that entire time, and was, in fact, in Florida in January.  Why should I get all of those benefits for free?

2. Introducing this reimbursement after many people converted is clearly unfair to those who either went on-line previously, or made their transactions on Friday in person.  Hopefully, the park will retroactively refund those Members, as well.

I don’t, personally, believe I should have received any refund, but as I said there is some gray area for the months when I did not visit a SEAS park, and for those who only had One and Two Park passes.  Regardless, if this is, as I suspect, a result of the extensive, selfish complaining we have seen all over social media since the Memberships were announced, I am disappointed in BGW.  The customer is not, in fact, “always right,” and I think this sets a terrible precedent.
So, I'm curious: Has anyone actually received this refund? I haven't.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jornor
Login or Register to Hide This Ad