Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Aug 9, 2016
Virginia Beach
New Member Monthly Rewards for the month of July (previously advertised as the "Month of Surprises!") have been added to BGW's Website.

July 5-10 Single use quick queue (Pantheon not included)
July 11-17 Free Pilsner color changing cup with beer purchase at BarKastle
July 18-24 Free Pantheon Pin
July 25-31 $10 Busch Bucks

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
New Member Monthly Rewards for the month of July (previously advertised as the "Month of Surprises!") have been added to BGW's Website.

July 5-10 Single use quick queue (Pantheon not included)
July 11-17 Free Pilsner color changing cup with beer purchase at BarKastle
July 18-24 Free Pantheon Pin
July 25-31 $10 Busch Bucks

I actually am surprised at how disappointing these are after being hyped as "Month of Surprises"

Sounds more like they didn't know what to put on there and just threw something together last minute.

Mar 17, 2020
compared to everything else recently I'd say that's pretty decent.
Curious if the Pantheon pin is the same one they gave out VIP weekend.

At least the actual value of the Busch Bucks has increased from $11.10 to $11.60...
$10 Busch Bucks
$1.10 James City County Meals & Sales Tax savings
$0.50 SEAS Surcharge savings

Reactions: horsesboy

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Curious if the Pantheon pin is the same one they gave out VIP weekend.

At least the actual value of the Busch Bucks has increased from $11.10 to $11.60...
$10 Busch Bucks
$1.10 James City County Meals & Sales Tax savings
$0.50 SEAS Surcharge savings
Are we sure on that? I can't remember if Busch bucks ring up like a coupon which would be before taxes and surcharge or like a gift card after there total.

Reactions: Mamunia and Zachary
Mar 17, 2020
Are we sure on that? I can't remember if Busch bucks ring up like a coupon which would be before taxes and surcharge or like a gift card after there total.
IIRC from last year, that is the way it worked. And if it doesn't work that way, as some businesses do, the business ends up pocketing the extra taxes. Slimey practice for sure, but it frequently happens (e.g. Chewy.com autoship discount with tax applied before discount).

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
IIRC from last year, that is the way it worked. And if it doesn't work that way, as some businesses do, the business ends up pocketing the extra taxes. Slimey practice for sure, but it frequently happens (e.g. Chewy.com autoship discount with tax applied before discount).
It's far more complex then that legally gift cards are not discounts and have to come off after the taxed total. The businesses are not pocketing the tax differences they are still handing it over to the state. I am not sure tge wording on the Busch Bucks as to how that falls I could see it being listed either way.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad