Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
What's the backstory, if you could say?

Someone I know got scraped up in Malibu's pool and went to a nearby security guard asking where first aid was so they could get it bandaged up. The security guard told the guest that first aid was closed and the security person couldn't radio anyone because their radio was dead so the guest would just need to look around for a roaming first aid person. The person (now well away from Malibu) found Nicole and I before finding one of those mysterious wondering first aid people and asked us if we had any idea where first aid was.

Thankfully Nicole was there and she carries Neosporin and bandaids in her purse so she was able to help.

nowhere to sit

SO MUCH THIS. They had a massive seating area RIGHT BEHIND THE BARRIERS but since it was closed off, people were literally just sitting on the ground. I swear no one from the park sat down, looked at the plans for this event, and thought about crowd flow, logistics, or ANYTHING for more than 5 minutes. It was pure, braindead, amateur hour.

Last edited:
Exactly, I knew chowds would die the last half hour but I wasnt waiting around all night with nowhere to sit

My kids were actually playing with the games they hat set out in the DJ area, so time went by pretty quick.

Without that it definitely would have tedious to wait around.

There really is no excuse to have an event like this so overcrowded. They knew exactly how many people signed up for it and should have limited attendance or opened up more attractions.
Instead they kept sending out emails trying to get even more people signed up.

My kids were actually playing with the games they hat set out in the DJ area, so time went by pretty quick.

There really is no excuse to have an event like this so overcrowded. They knew exactly how many people signed up for it and should have limited attendance or opened up more attractions.
As long as the food and merch gets sold, I don't think the big wigs care ATM. This Has really shown that Sea World has not changed and still has poor corporate leadership.

We were actually discussing what the park was getting out of this event beyond ill will. No one paid for entry. Only some paid for parking. Everyone got free ice cream. Most shops and eateries were closed, and, personally, I didn’t see a ton of people eating or buying merch.

Obviously, I don’t know if it drove Membership sales or how much people actually spent in the park, but it did not appear to be money-making.

Last edited:

When we went to get our wristbands, I showedme and my wifes my membership on my phone first and before I could even mention pulling up my reservation they had already handed us wristbands......so to me it appears there was no limit because I technically didnt even need to go through the hastle of getting a reservations. Oh and before you say "they are linked toyour pass......they didnt scan them just glanced at them.

Reactions: Zachary
The lady I checked in with entered my order numbers for each of our reservations before she got our wristbands.
She was only glancing at one of our membership barcodes however.

So much for consistency.

WoW! I got numerous emails to attend this and I’m so very glad I chose not to...what happened to the idea of a ‘special event’ treating you like VIP and making you feel special?

I avoid these events for exactly the things we saw happen Friday night. Much more enjoyable as a member to experience the parks at rope drop when attendance is 10-20% members and the rest fun pass / single day ticket. I say this as members know all of the tricks for parking, entry, order of attractions, etc., and when you have an event that is just members, there goes any advantage members have versus others in maximizing the number of attractions they can get on.

I agree generally and I almost always skip these types of things too. That said, getting to be at WCUSA at night is INCREDIBLY rare these days. It's just not an experience you can have normally.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
I agree generally and I almost always skip these types of things too. That said, getting to be at WCUSA at night is INCREDIBLY rare these days. It's just not an experience you can have normally.
Agree on the night part. We always had the chance to do water parks at night when I was a kid, and that pretty much doesn't exist at any water park today. Curious if anyone has ever investigated why that is.

Reactions: Zachary
I avoid these events for exactly the things we saw happen Friday night. Much more enjoyable as a member to experience the parks at rope drop when attendance is 10-20% members and the rest fun pass / single day ticket. I say this as members know all of the tricks for parking, entry, order of attractions, etc., and when you have an event that is just members, there goes any advantage members have versus others in maximizing the number of attractions they can get on.
I would agree if the previous events were the same as this one......however Friday was a shitshow. The previous events I really enjoyed.....and we stayed till the end enjoying the DJs and the band with a water ride or two mixed in. It wasnt hectic, it wasnt packed and unlike Friday the team members appeared to be having fun. There were many at one event dancing along with the guests and you got the feeling they wanted to be there at that moment having fun. Friday we were literally yelled at while trying to get our ice cream. Honestly the only person that we encountered that was happy and chipper was the girl checking us out when we grabbed a burger.

Reactions: Mamunia
Agree on the night part. We always had the chance to do water parks at night when I was a kid, and that pretty much doesn't exist at any water park today. Curious if anyone has ever investigated why that is.
I feel like parks at night in general is starting to become a more and more rare thing. I remember as a kid getting chances to go to HersheyPark and Lake Compounce in the evening when it was getting dark and getting to see lighting packages on rides, tracer lights on woodies, different lights on signs.

...I really miss it. What I would give to get to see WCUSA all lit up on a dark 85 degree night.

I know its not unheard of but I feel like water parks at night are a safety hazard. Seems hard enough to life guard during the day.

I know its not unheard of but I feel like water parks at night are a safety hazard. Seems hard enough to life guard during the day.
Depends what you have open and how it's lit. Close the lazy rivers, turn off the waive pools, have all slides well lit, especially in smash zones.

Reactions: lightninlady
Curious to see how tonight's event goes in comparison to last year...

JUNE 10​

MEMBER SPLASH NIGHT
Exclusive After-Hours Party 5 – 8 p.m.
Enjoy a DJ, select rides, one free ice cream and face painting.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad