Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

b.mac

huh?
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
It turns out Six Flags doesn't even like industry changing rides. Many people (including me) have received E-mails hinting at a possible removal of Bizarro after this season. I can kind of see why the park is hinting at it, too. Every year after 2005 during the peak activity of the park (May-September), Medusa / Bizarro wouldn't open until noon due to the lack of traffic in its area. Not counting the overhaul of 2009 where it was turned into Bizarro the same events happened in 2010 and 2011 also. Rumors also suggest a possible Wing Rider coaster to replace it.

RE: Bizarro (Great Adventure) possible removal after 2012

I don’t really see why SF is moving Bizarro when they’re far better off moving Scream.

- Scream is in awful shape. Moving it to another park gives it a new lease on life.
- Scream is in a dead area of the park anyway unless MM has plans to expand over there in the future.
- Bizarro just received a makeover.
- They're both the same layout except one is sitting over a parking lot. The area around Scream looks pretty drab too with faded banners and ugly walls.

The only argument against that would be MM just removed two rides.

Bumping this thread since the rumor mill up north is starting to churn again. Keep an eye on Aug. 30th for the announcement.

Indeed; from Great Adventure's facebook page:

On August 30, 2012 Six Flags will announce what's new for 2013! In the mean time we've got some clues to help get you through the next 20 days!

In 2013 you'll be packing your bags, for where one door closes, another door opens. What will you bring?
gallery_2_579_10883.jpg

Now that I think about it Bizarro sits on some really prime real estate for a new entrance to the safari. There have been talks of removing the separate entry and drive through of the Safari and making it into basically what BGT and Disney's Animal Kingdom do. Since the ride has been utterly killing in terms of ridership and the fact that the main. crews don't care about the special effects, it's bound to go bye bye sooner than later.

a.k.a. Project RRP 2013 + Safari overhaul + useless parking entrance overhaul v5 + something from ProSlide for HH

Sp far the most recent coasters they've removed have had severe issues with them, those were Viper and Chiller. Medezarro is still in excellent shape car and track wise but the special effects really are just dead. It's pathetic that Six Flags can be so bad with upkeeping simple parts of their ride.

B.Mac said:
So far the most recent coasters they've removed have had severe issues with them, those were Viper and Chiller. Medezarro is still in excellent shape car and track wise but the special effects really are just dead. It's pathetic that Six Flags can be so bad with upkeeping simple parts of their ride.

Most recent was Scream Machine.

Bizarro is on a relatively flat piece of land, and perfect for shipping off to another park. As for turning that plot into Safari access, it would only require realigning roads through what's currently the Baboon Village section of the safari.

Great Adventure just announced on their facebook that the Safari will not be drive through after Sept. 30th.

JACKSON, NJ – August 20, 2012 – After 38 years of operation and more than ten million drive-through visitors, the Six Flags Wild Safari will discontinue allowing guests to drive their own vehicles through its gates after September 30, 2012.

Described as the world’s largest drive-through safari outside of Africa, the 350-acre animal sanctuary is home to 1,200 animals from six continents. Although park management will not release details about the safari’s future until August 30, the park’s president assures guests that all animals will remain at Six Flags and continue to receive first-rate care and attention.

“Animal preservation and education has been a cornerstone of Six Flags Great Adventure since we opened our gates in 1974,” said Park President John Fitzgerald. “While significant changes are on our horizon, our veterinary and animal husbandry staff will continue to provide excellent care for the more than 70 species of exotic and domestic animals that live here at Six Flags.”

Fitzgerald declined to release any further details.

“Six Flags Wild Safari has been an institution for many families whose first glimpse of exotic animals was with their faces pressed up against a car window. That chapter of our history is now drawing to a close,” said Safari Director and Chief Veterinarian Bill Rives.

Six Flags Great Adventure will release the details of its 2013 season August 30. For park information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

courtesy of coasteroftheday.com here's a few images showing the area we're talking about.

9312417.jpg

Red = Safari
Blue = Great Adventure

3991218.jpg

Red = Dump lot for end of safari
Green = pathway for possible drop tower (pointless considering they have 80% of that pathway done already from before the inside of KK got sealed off)
Blue = Drop Tower location
Purple = Bizarro / Potential new entrance for Safari Tour
Yellow = Lone Star Arena

B.Mac said:
3991218.jpg

Red = Dump lot for end of safari
Green = pathway for possible drop tower (pointless considering they have 80% of that pathway done already from before the inside of KK got sealed off)
Blue = Drop Tower location
Purple = Bizarro / Potential new entrance for Safari Tour
Yellow = Northern Star Arena

Now I'm hearing that the new Safari tour may queue up on the other side of the arena, accessing the safari near the old tiger cages & the ironworkers' showers (the cluster of buildings in the clearing above your purple circle and to the left of the yellow) - Bizarro could still be leaving but, having worked back there for concerts and such, the tiger pass makes more sense as a new entrance.

I've heard about 3 different locations for the safari entrance, but the Lone Star Arena one only popped up recently because of all the discussion about Bizarro. I'm not snuffing it, but I just think it's just people who are pissed that Bizarro could be leaving. I'll be honest, if Bizarro is staying they really need to expand and overhaul that entire area.

Reactions: Haberdasher1973

B.Mac said:
I've heard about 3 different locations for the safari entrance, but the Lone Star Arena one only popped up recently because of all the discussion about Bizarro. I'm not snuffing it, but I just think it's just people who are pissed that Bizarro could be leaving. I'll be honest, if Bizarro is staying they really need to expand and overhaul that entire area.

It's just a poor location for an attraction, especially when a concert is in progress...

According to the birdies the plans to use the Ride Rotation Program to move Bizarro elsewhere has been cancelled. What this means is Bizarro is safe for another 12 months, but there's still rumors and even a little bit of evidence hinting at the possibility of Bizarro to be moving.

The evidence comes from Six Flags over Texas, and the fact that Bizarro is in a horrible spot for a coaster in New Jersey. Anyways, Six Flags over Texas has a plot of land right next door to Flashback and Texas Chute-Out. Rumors suggest the 2013 Skyscreamer will be going in Chute-out's spot and the rest of the area wil be converted into Dc Comics land. Now that plot of land has been under possession of SFoT for quite a while according to Lance of Screamscape, and the building that occupies the spot is still there, too. This is good and bad, good in we get to see exactly when they l're building something and bad in we have to wait longer for them to remove the building. Main reason why this land is brought up is because Bizarro fits into the alotted space quite nicely.

This one was kind of a surprise for me. I thought it was going to be just like Dominator, which I'm iffy on, but it's got 2 extra inversions, a light tunnel with mist, another misting feature you go through twice and huge fireballs. Plus I felt like it was less headbangy then Dominator. Short line so we got right back on.

I'm glad to hear that all the effects are working on it. Bizarro is a gem, its tucked so far back there that it seems like most people forget about it. I love this coaster.

Ehh I found the ride smooth but it doesn't really have Dominator's long layout or Kraken's snappy elements. Really middle of the road for me. I ended up riding in front and back. No real noticeable difference in ride experience.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad