Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
We have had to delete quite a few posts in the meal review thread because people want to comment on other persons meal reviews. While we love discussion that thread is strictly for Meal Reviews and no discussion. To remedy the issue, if you would like to comment of someone's meal review, please do so link this:

-----------------------------------------

Example:
Restaurant: Beste Brezeln Und Bier in Germany
Meal: Smoked Sausage Pretzel Dog with Homemade Chips.
Original Poster: chickenking

I agree, I think....blah blah blah blah.

-----------------------------------------

PM me with any questions if this was not clear.

Thanks! :D

Reactions: chickenking
[split] Meal Reviews

IndyRacingNut said:
Restaurant: Das Festhaus
Meal: Sausage Sampler
Price: $10
Pros: Lots of food! Especially for a theme park! Comes with a smoked sausage (which is a little spicy actually), a bratwurst (the hot dog colored one) & a knackwurst (the white sausage), a side of German potatoes, some sauerkraut, red cabbage slaw & a small dinner roll.

My mom is Prussian so I feel like she'd be very happy if I pointed out you have your bratwurst and knackwurst mixed up; hot dogs are based on Knackwurst.

Knackwurst.jpg

RE: Meal Reviews - Discussion Thread

chickenking said:
Restaurant: Irish Sausage Stand in Ireland (Talking Tree Stand, old Ireland Shrimp Stand)
Meal: Foot Long Loaded Irish Sausage Dog
Price: $7.29
Pros: The food was not bad. Got a dog made to my specs that wasn't listed on the menu.
Cons: Pricey. Stand is only open on busy days (Saturdays, etc.). Service was absolutely terrible! It took 30 minutes to get my food once I got in line. Only 6 people in front of me, but I was determined. Saw the blue train go by twice. The two young men running the stand acted like they were out on the street and couldn't have cared less about service or answering questions about what was taking so long, etc. The food is made to order so I was expecting a little wait; but this was ridiculous. They even ran out of the foot-long sausage & hot dogs. They were able to still make a pseudo-foot-long using two regulars. Then they ran out of foot-long buns. OMG!! What is going on BGW?!?! Two regular dogs on two regular buns a foot-long is not. They got them in just in time for my order. But the large bun doesn't really hold a foot-long very well and then my food was just thrown together very sloppily (see pic). The logistics of running this stand needs to be fixed; and get some people who actually at least pretend to care about service.
Recommended: No. Absolutely not!! If I want a hot dog or a sausage dog I will make the journey to the Pretzel House in Germany. I had high hopes for this place and was extremely disappointed in my experience. Maybe it was a bad day for them. I don't know. But there was no excuse for what I saw today. Shame!! :mad:

Oh this makes me sad, I'm the one who recommended it. I got it last season, got te Sausage one and the chips and I really really enjoyed it. There was no line at all when I went. This is disappointing.

I will probably give this another shot later in the summer or something. My food was good, but the whole experience of getting it was just a cluster uKNOWwhat. This was my first non-recommendation for BGW eateries. I do still want to try the sausage sandwich.

Reactions: Party Rocker

Has anyone done a review on the Annie Grogan's stew in a bread bowl yet? Or did I miss that one?

IndyRacingNut said:
Has anyone done a review on the Annie Grogan's stew in a bread bowl yet? Or did I miss that one?

I love it, and get it every time I eat there. I've never really payed enough attention to the Price and stuff to be able to write a review.

Has anyone tried the Gluhwein being sold in the clock shop in Rhinefield (picture)? Alpenghost says it's amazing but $12 is quite a hefty price tag. If anyone has tried it, I'd love a review.

Zachary said:
Has anyone tried the Gluhwein being sold in the clock shop in Rhinefield (picture)? Alpenghost says it's amazing but $12 is quite a hefty price tag. If anyone has tried it, I'd love a review.

Is this still being sold now? I would like to try it. :cool:

I take it you have to buy it in their mug they sell? Too bad you can't just get it in some other container. Souvenir mugs should be a choice, like every other drink in the park. Or...are we just assuming you have to get it that way? :)

Speaking of mugs...Best beer mug I ever saw is in Festhaus that says "Daddy's Sippy Cup"

That's DAMN RIGHT!! hahaha :)

The sweet old lady in the Clock shop said that the Gluhwein is gone for the year and will be back for Christmas Town. They were selling it because it was so cold out I guess. :(
Oh well, patience is a virtue.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad