Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
indiana_jones_grail_knight-you-have-chosen-poorly.jpg

The one on the bottom is the JUMBO. Though the one on top appears longer, it is merely breading. The bottom dog is uniform and slightly thicker (look closely). Thanks for playing! :p

Skyrider said:
I swear there used to be a smaller pizza for much less. Its good, but nine dollars is just pushing it.

There was and I agree- the pizza they have now is larger than it needs to be and overpriced for what it is.

Reactions: Sky
Restaurant: Crepes & Coffee

Meal: Nutella & Banana Crepes

Price: $4.99

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Recommended: Yes

I don't like to be negative, and maybe I should give them another chance, but I found the park's crepes to be heavy and chewy. (In the right place now!)

I don't mind them, I really love them. The only thing I can think of that could cause any chewyness is the fact they pre-make the crepe, like the pour the mix, make it, then cool it in a fridge until someone orders it and then they heat it up while putting everything on it.

But I for one only experienced any chewy crepes during the Food and Wine Festival, but now that the crazy mess for food is over, they taste much better now.

Party Rocker said:
The only thing I can think of that could cause any chewyness is the fact they pre-make the crepe, like the pour the mix, make it, then cool it in a fridge until someone orders it and then they heat it up while putting everything on it.

Actually, according to the Joy of Cooking, you should let the crepe batter rest in the fridge for up to two days. I usually make my batter before the dinner party; store it in the fridge; and then make the crepes right before I serve them.

As I said, maybe I should try them again.

I am not sure what they do with their batter, but I have only on occasion put my batter in the fridge. I typically make the batter and then make crepes right then and there and it seems to be successful for me.

I was just saying the actual crepe part is made fresh, then frozen, then reheated. Kind of like cooking a burger patty, freezing it, then reheating it.

EDIT: I will say that I finished one and went back for another, it was just that good.

chickenking said:
Restaurant: Das Edelweiss (during CT at The North Pole in Germany)
Meal: Chicken & Funnel Cake
Price: $7.99

Pros: Ever heard of chicken and waffles?  Well, this is the BGW spin on that.  You essentially get about half of a funnel cake, along with five'ish chicken fingers (some chunkier than others) along with your choice of syrup or spicy honey hot sauce.  I tried both.  You can NEVER go wrong with some good syrup,  but let me say that the honey sauce really added  some pep to an already great-tasting meal.  It was very filling and satisfying.  Though it is also most certainly very high-calorie, I planned my eating schedule around getting this at the park so that in the end it all balances out (hopefully).

Cons: High-calorie; but what isn't at a theme park?  Stomach may gurgle a bit later after eating. :p

Recommended: Absolutely!  The must-try meal of the season!!

*No fork needed.

So I tried this yesterday. All that needs to be said is it is absolutely amazing!!

I tried it with syrup, and oh my gosh, it is probably one of the best meals I've ever had at BGW. Not only does it taste absolutely amazing, but for $7.99, it is a boatload of food. I was starving by the time I got it, and by the time I finished, I was the most stuffed I have ever been at BGW. If you haven't tried it yet, go do it now, It's a MUST try!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad