Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Zachary said:
Anyone know whether or not it was performed before 2011 or have anything else on it?

I believe you are right, that it did debut in 2011.

I have some information to share also.

The Maypole Dance originated in England, but Germany, and a lot of other European countries started catching on. Germany Traditionally used it to celebrate the awakening of Spring. Unlike other countries who used it for other various reasons.

It is a great show to watch especially if you are trying to avoid the disaster that is Entwined. I believe there are 2 versions to the show, believe it or not. They both are similar except for 1 dance. The first version is when they use the ribbons to form a "web" around the Maypole. The other version is when they use the ribbons to actually "hug," the Maypole. The rest of the scenes in both versions are for the most part, the same. Here are some Videos!

This video is from 2011, as you can see in this version of the show the first dance they do with the ribbons forms a "web" around the Maypole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIbJ3HA9lgg

This is a video from 2013. As you can see this is the other version, where the ribbons actually "hug" the Maypole. Also in this version the music is actually performed by the Oompa Band, instead of prerecorded, like the 2011 version.(Some of the music is still prerecorded in the current version, but most of it isn't)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MKElvW1vrA

(Sorry it's not the full show I couldn't find a recording of the full show)

Yes! Thanks for the information! I love this show, it's something that helps you avoid Entwined!

For what it's worth, this is probably what they will do with the maypole for the new summertime event.
50905454.jpg

I think the main problem is that it doesn't have any posted show times, except for the sign right on the stage. If they included it on the back of the map, I'm sure it would be a lot more recognized. I think it deserves a spot on the back of the map just as much as Sunny Days Celebration does.

Matthew pid=92778 dateline=1393034539 said:
I think the main problem is that it doesn't have any posted show times, except for the sign right on the stage. If they included it on the back of the map, I'm sure it would be a lot more recognized. I think it deserves a spot on the back of the map just as much Sunny Days Celebration does.
If I remember correctly, I believe the maypole had show times on the map. Would someone mind confirming me on this? Thanks. :)

I would go so far to say any proper show with a designated stage or theater should be listed with showtimes on the back of the map. Any show or form of entertainment not done on a stage or theater (street performers primarily) should not have a posted schedule. 
You don't want people to feel like they have to plan that in their day, you want them to feel like they can relax and enjoy the small show as it starts unexpectedly on them :p

Wow... I can't even believe this. I'm so over it, you have no idea how excited I was about this little news. It was some of the only good news I've heard in forever. I'm almost in tears right now, and that's saying something.

Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad