Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
Guess it's time to start planning. We all know that STYX is playing on this night. I think Nora and company is planning on meeting up with CK & company at the Smokehouse for dinner before the show. Here is how I see the evening's itinerary (assuming concert time is correct):

5:00 Trapper's Smokehouse for dinner with vouchers
6:30 Go to concert area for reserved seating
7:00 STYX

Any takers? :cool:

Reactions: Nora
Apr 9, 2013
I'd be there except May 12th is Mother's Day and my lady is anything but a STYX fan. :(

Trip report, ya'll???

Feb 9, 2013
Styx is playing on Mother's Day????!!!

I was going to go that day. Crap now it is going to be packed. I always go every year on Mother's Day because it is one of the least busiest days of the year. Now it's ruined!!!

I'm still going to go, but I think now I'm going to go really early in the morning(9ish) then I'll hit the rides before everyone gets to the park, eat lunch hit a couple more rides the leave before most of the Styx crowd shows up.

Apr 9, 2013
"What is this? You're wearing a t-shirt of the band you're going to go see? DON'T BE THAT GUY!!"

:) Unfortunately, there's gonna be a ton of those people on Sunday. haha

Reactions: Planeteer
Feb 6, 2013
Portsmouth, Va
^Nice PCU reference! "Don't be that guy, Gutter. Don't be that guy."

pcu.jpg

Reactions: IndyRacingNut
Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
We will be there CK. But I agree with Zach.. I think eating earlier would be better. That way we can wander over to France and get some wine for the concert! :p

Reactions: chickenking
Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
JuniorBGWfan28 said:
Styx is playing on Mother's Day????!!!

I think now I'm going to go really early in the morning(9ish) then I'll hit the rides before everyone gets to the park, eat lunch hit a couple more rides the leave before most of the Styx crowd shows up.

Alright, I have to say something about this. First let me say that most people seeing STYX will be my age or older. I doubt the crowd you are worried about will be obnoxious. I think it would still be a good day to go and as I always say- ride Griffon when the concert is going on. My guess is that you will pretty much have France to yourself when the concert starts. :)

Feb 9, 2013
^^^ Yea, but don't worry I already re-scheduled to go early. I'll be fine I go almost every other week, and sometimes 2 weeks in a row. I'm not gonna die if I don't get to ride very single ride. I'll be fine, I'm going to be there bright and early!!

Apr 9, 2013
Here's a pic of me while we're at it!

(And yes, that's the guy from Full Metal Jacket that I'm standing next to, cuz THAT'S how I roll, betches!) :) hehehe

Attachments

• PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: gazisghost
Apr 9, 2013
And believe it or not, I really did give him a jelly donut & begged the hell out of him to just say the line to me....He did it. :)

"A JELLY DONUT????" And then he added "I BET YOU COULD SUCK A GOLF BALL THROUGH A GARDEN HOSE!" I said "SIR, NO BUT MY WIFE CAN, SIR!" Poor guy just broke down laughing so hard, he got up & got my picture w/me. hahaha

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad