Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
This basically looks like a much better Full Throttle to me. It's still short and sorta gimmicky... But assuming that is a really, really forceful air-launch, I'm onboard. Honestly, most of those inversions are pretty intriguing as well.

Assuming S&S can actually open this ride sometime next season (preferably for more than a couple weeks), this looks like a winner.

This basically looks like a much better Full Throttle to me. It's still short and sorta gimmicky... But assuming that is a really, really forceful air-launch, I'm onboard. Honestly, most of those inversions are pretty intriguing as well.

Assuming S&S can actually open this ride sometime next season (preferably for more than a couple weeks), this looks like a winner.

I think provided S&S has learned to tune down the air launches so they're not 0-infinity in 0.5 seconds fast they'll be fine. Ring Racer and the Chinese Launchers were definitely a big wake up call to them and I'm glad they're not completely abandoning their craft.

Six Flags Great America said:
GURNEE, Ill.--Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, today announced a revolutionary, triple-record breaking, new roller coaster coming to the park in 2019. Maxx Force will be the fastest launch coaster in North America, and feature the fastest inversion and highest double inversion of any roller coaster in the world.

Six Flags Great America announces Maxx Force, the triple record-breaking new launch coaster coming in 2019! Tweet this

“Six Flags reigns supreme for record-breaking, one-of-a-kind rides and world-class thrills,” said Six Flags Great America Park President Hank Salemi. “The new Maxx Force coaster is in a class all by itself, launching riders from 0 to 78 miles per hour in under two seconds. No other coaster in the country accelerates at that blistering speed.”

Maxx Force highlights include:
  • A unique air-powered launching system propelling guests forward at record speeds;
  • The world’s highest double inversion at 175 feet above the ground;
  • The fastest inversion on any roller coaster in the world with a 60 miles-per-hour zero-G roll;
  • Five high-speed inversions; and
  • One-of-a-kind custom coaster trains modeled after Formula One racing cars
Maxx Force will be the park’s 17th roller coaster and is scheduled to debut in summer 2019 in the Carousel Plaza area of the park.

For more information on Maxx Force and the 2019 season at Six Flags Great America, visit www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/newfor2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: wombat96
I don't understand why they are using an Air Launch when everyone is switched to LSM, they even offer LSM model coasters in their catalog. Intamin doesn't even use hydraulics their Accelerator Coaster models anymore, they use LSMs as well.

I don't understand why they are using an Air Launch when everyone is switched to LSM, they even offer LSM model coasters in their catalog. Intamin doesn't even use hydraulics their Accelerator Coaster models anymore, they use LSMs as well.
LSMs can't deliver the sheer acceleration hydraulic and pneumatic launches can.

I can't wait to experience the best acceleration in the US, ever since missing out on HyperSonic XLC.

Reactions: Unagi and Shane
I find it interesting that this is considered a double inversion but it's very similar to a non-inverting loop. Granted many dive loops and Immelmanns do the same thing. Just saying, the difinition of an inversion is rediculous.

YH3quMX.jpg

According to reports it got topped off yesterday.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad