Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Luke

Pusheen Gardens
Silver Donor
Jul 20, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
First responders conduct mass casualty training at Busch Gardens
By WYDaily Staff on September 8, 2016

Visitors passing by Busch Gardens Wednesday morning would have had cause for alarm. Starting at 8 a.m., teams of local, state and federal first responders conducted critical incident training exercises inside the park.

According to a press release from James City County, the participating agencies included: James City County Police, Fire and EMS, York Poquoson Sheriff’s Office, York Fire and EMS, Virginia State Police, VDEM, FBI, Busch Gardens and other local, state and federal units.

While the exercise was not planned as a response to any current threat or specific security concerns, its goal was to simulate a mass casualty event in a public venue, the release stated.

“The purpose of the exercise was to challenge and evaluate the effectiveness of federal, state, local and private security planning,” JCCPD spokeswoman Stephanie Williams wrote in the release. “Exercises like these afford us the opportunity to evaluate and improve training practices and procedures.”

Source:
http://wydaily.com/2016/09/08/first-responders-conduct-mass-casualty-training-at-busch-gardens/

I really wonder what that kind of training looks like. Tampa often uses their rapids ride to simulate a current for similar people to those listed above. I wonder how in-depth these trainings go in comparison.

It would have been nice if they had been prepared prior to London Rocks. I lost a few family members due to that show.

Reactions: deacfan31
Here are a few of the photos I took of the exercise 2 years ago when they held it at the then abandoned outlet mall that now the site of the Harris Teater. There not the best I will see if I can find better. Later.

Attachments

• 20140625_124201.jpg
    20140625_124201.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 20140625_130447.jpg
    20140625_130447.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 49
  • 20140625_131840.jpg
    20140625_131840.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 20140625_124222.jpg
    20140625_124222.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: John
When I was high school and delayed entry for the marine Corps I got to be victim at 2 of these events. They did one at the football field and one at the airport. You would be selected for a different injury and they would give you a card with symptoms and how to react. They would also use fake blood and use prosthetic parts for "serious" injuried. It was pretty cool to see how it works and everyone involved treated it as it was real.

Reactions: Jesy and horsesboy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad