Man found camping on Discovery Island

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 24, 2009
No but it would be a really cool place to live. It does bring up so many questions, how did he get over there, how did they find him. That youtube channel that has the video exploring DI always made me wonder how he did it and his recent video explaining how he pulled it off was interesting.

Ive thought for years a very nice secluded resort with tropical huts that was only accessable to those guests would be really awesome. When I went to Discovery Island as a kid I always thought at the time it was...I wouldnt say boring but just not that exciting. Now that I look back though I would love to explore it again.

May 4, 2020
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-arrested-camping-disney-worlds-141823689.html

Was this you @WDWRLD ??

JK....although it gets me thinking with Galactic Starcruiser going in, could Discovery Island be in line for a refurb to something similar? Would be very interesting. Maybe get all Marvel with it and do a Xandar Wilderness, Wakandan retreat, Ego's Paradise, or some other unknown world in the Marvel Universe.
Most of Marvel can only goto the West Coast per the agreement with Universal. There is a mural in the superhero Cafe that locks a lot of the Marvel Characters out of Orlando. Guardians of the Galaxy are not on their which is how they are building a ride for them at Epcot.

Reactions: Mushroom
Apr 29, 2011
He had been sleeping in one of the island's buildings and referred to the property as a “tropical paradise,” according to the arrest report.
🤣🤣🤣

Mar 16, 2016
Most of Marvel can only goto the West Coast per the agreement with Universal. There is a mural in the superhero Cafe that locks a lot of the Marvel Characters out of Orlando. Guardians of the Galaxy are not on their which is how they are building a ride for them at Epcot.
It's actually not tied to if they are depicted or not. I found a good article that highlights all of it, and basically if a character has extensive ties with one of Marvels 4 "core families" (Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic 4, Spiderman), then Universal has exclusive rights. However if they don't, then WDW is free to use them. An example of where this can get rather murky:
In regards to other recent popular films/characters:

Dr. Strange seems to not fall under any family Universal owns. While he may have been an Avenger and had crossover appearances in other comics, his comic publication history dictates he was essentially a stand-alone character. This is why he was featured in a Meet & Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during marketing for the 2016 film.

Captain Marvel is a bit clearer and won’t be coming to any Orlando parks, especially as she has Marvel in her name. In the comics, she was an Avenger and played pivotal roles in several X-Men stories, including a pretty big Rogue story arc. During promotion for the film, she was featured as a Meet & Greet in several Disney parks except for Orlando. However, how they market it is still in question since she does feature the Marvel name.

With the success of Black Panther, many have wondered as to whether or not we will see the character head to Orlando. Unfortunately, T’Challa has deep connections to the Avengers and the Fantastic Four so he cannot be used at Walt Disney World. This is why Disneyland featured a Black Panther Meet & Greet while Walt Disney World did not. Whether or not Wakanda as a location could be added is a little more tricky as the contract doesn’t clarify whether locations can be used, but in our opinion – you don’t build Wakanda without its king
https://www.insideuniversal.net/201...ct-what-rights-does-universal-and-disney-own/

FWIW, Xandar is a GotG related place, Ego is a living planet that started with Thor but is mostly associated with Nova Corps, and Wakanda (as the article shows) could be in the gray zone as it's a place not a character. If they could pull of Wakanda without T'Challa they might be able to use it.

Reactions: DJaguar
Login or Register to Hide This Ad