Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I think there was a discussion here not too long ago about the detectors in use and how lax they're tuned to.

Sounded like they're mostly for show than detecting much?

Nov 24, 2009
I have noticed a trend...actually it was easy to work out and anyone testing the system could figure it out easily as well. It seems about 1 in 10 people are wanded, no ryme or reason who either. While that person is wanded no matter what the machine does you just keep walking and no one says anything. So in theory if you want to get something in just wait till they are wanding someone and go through.......YES Busch Gardens I hope you are reading this and fix your system. They also seem to not check anything in strollers now....in fact I was talking to someone yesterday with small kids and they said they love the new syetem because they can now dring full meals into the parks for their kids. They said before they would still bring food but try to limit it so they didnt feel so odd when security was digging through their bags and saw all the food. I also know of anotherperson that brings a walmart soft sided cooler full of beerin a stroller. They just roll it around the scanner no questions asked.

• Wow
Reactions: Mamunia

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
@WDWRLD I too have noticed this. Having two kids of my own, I have been surprised every time I push the stroller around the detectors and don't even look at them twice.

I hope you know I would never personally do this; but it has occurred to me that one could have a weapon or other item otherwise disallowed in the stroller and it would not be scrutinized.

Reactions: Alf33

sereniv

Professional Snack Provider
Feb 9, 2018
My friend is an avid knife collector and brings one with him almost anywhere. One day (he was not with us at the time) he realized he still had it on him too late, and clipped it behind his belt buckle so when the alarm went off he claimed it as that. I have a feeling they won’t thoroughly check someone unless they truly feel there is something off.

Reactions: Alf33 and Mushroom

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
Always a good idea to carry your battle axe on InvadR

Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad