Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

wombat96

avid coaster enjoyer
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Now before you go "That's not true!" let me back myself up. Before Kraken was put in they thought about getting a hyper or a floor-less. Well they got a floor-less so it was shelved. Now a rumor is afloat. The rumor is there getting a hyper named "Orca" for 2015 or 2016 ETC. Now see I doubt this but the park does need another big thrill ride that has a tiny bit lowered height requirement. Dollywood made sure Wild Eagle could have a 48 inch height requirement so I think we could get that also. The only problem is there is nothing to back this up other than the fact that it has been talked about. The only reason I could see this happening is maybe B&M changed the hyper trains so they could go through inversions.Very unlikely but it's possible. I have to say they already have a location that is screaming for a roller coaster. The lake would be the perfect location for a roller coaster themed to whales. Now do I think this is going to happen? No. Do I think people would want to hear about this? Yes. It's just a rumor and rumors fly by everyday but this one seems particularly interesting. I doubt this is going to happen but it will be a rumor that everybody remembers. So, thoughts?

Reactions: Jonathan S
RE: 2016 200 Foot Tall Coaster for Sea World Orlando

EDIT:So less than a year ago I posted this, well look what showed up today on Behind The Thrills.
wpid-cdw10reueaeiaje.jpg

Sea World Orlando said:
"Something is stirring beneath the surface at Sea World Orlando, preparing to rise from the ocean depths and soar to thrilling new heights. Get ready for the Frenzy of Sea World's new 200 foot-tall coaster. In 2016, this coaster will  take it's place atop the food chain  as Orlando's tallest, fastest  and longest roller coaster."

Source

With Thunderbird proving that B&M can build launched coasters, I would love to see a launched Hyper. But then again, for all we know Mack could be building this. Actually, a Mack hyper, that, sounds even better.

Reactions: Jonathan S

If any company other than B&M builds this, it better be Mack. That being said, I don't know if Mack is experienced with building coasters 200ft and up. Also, I think Mack coaster look very quirky, no matter how tall. At least BGW and BGT have proven that there is nothing wrong with having three B&M's in one park.

I'm so excited I can't even contain myself! SeaWorld is making new horizons by finally announcing a ride! Hopefully it will take the focus off Blackfish for a bit and boost attendance.

This looks very interesting!

Getting off topic, Mack rides has confirmed two coasters coming to Florida in 2016.

At the moment, fingers are being pointed at Busch Gardens Tampa for a Family Spinning Coaster by Mack, and another finger at a unconfirmed park, now looking like SeaWorld Orlando.

If this is all true, we could see two new Mack Coasters in FL very soon!

I find it very strange that this new attraction at SWO gets announced at a private shareholder meeting, yet ground is already being broken at BGT for the 2016 attraction, yet we're still clueless as to what it may be.

To summarize, SEAS marketing & public relations puzzles me sometimes... :s

Viktor said:
I find it very strange that this new attraction at SWO gets announced at a private shareholder meeting, yet ground is already being broken at BGT for the 2016 attraction, yet we're still clueless as to what it may be.

Hey now, at least you will most likely get to see the BGT coaster announced more than a month before official opening. :p

Or you could come up to Williamsburg and have your coaster announced a month before opening.

Reactions: Viktor

I actually have to disagree.

SeaWorld is located in Orlando. It competes with Walt Disney World and Universal. With Universal constantly throwing punches at the industry and Disney being, you know, Disney, SeaWorld has to establish itself as a theme park in the midst of such competition. The area's tallest and fastest roller coaster could provide enough marketing leverage to pull people away from Mickey or Potter for a day.

Plus, BGT's last coaster was added in 2011. SeaWorld's last coaster was added in 2009. Meaning SeaWorld is "due" for a new major attraction. Moreover, SeaWorld's latest attraction was a family friendly dark ride, while Tampa's was a drop tower. It wouldn't be wise for SeaWorld to get another family ride and for Tampa to get another thrill ride.

Finally, this is all opinion here, but I think it is useful in combating SeaWorld's negative publicity as well. Building a massive, record-breaking roller coaster shows that SeaWorld is still standing strong. (I know, of course BGT is a SEAS park, but few people make the connection.) Plus, it offers the chance to bring in new people for them to see with their own eyes how nice the park is and how they treat their animals.

Just my two cents.

Viktor said:
This looks very interesting!

Getting off topic, Mack rides has confirmed two coasters coming to Florida in 2016.

At the moment, fingers are being pointed at Busch Gardens Tampa for a Family Spinning Coaster by Mack, and another finger at a unconfirmed park, now looking like SeaWorld Orlando.

If this is all true, we could see two new Mack Coasters in FL very soon!

SWO's new coaster will absolutely be a B&M hyper. That said, I've heard that SEAS purchased a package deal and that BGT's new coaster will be a B&M as well. I haven't heard too many details about it yet but I'll post more info when I find out.

SeaWorld filed the permits for there new 201 foot tall hyper coaster hyper coaster. If you plug in the exact coordinates this is where the highest point of the ride is located.
SW2016fa990.png

I've heard that Mack can do vertical elevator lifts which would seems very possible given that this is the starting point of the ride. (Journey to Atlantis in San Diego has a elevator lift with a 360 screen playing custom animation while rising to the top) I'm guessing that the entrance would be next to the Shark Encounter where the small aviary is located. This is a wild guess on the theme of the ride but, Mako Sharks can swim at 60 mph and jump out of the water. There known for being very fast and are fairly high up on the food chain.

I've got nothing against Mack, but I would be pretty disappointed if SWO's hyper turned out to be a Mack vertical lift coaster. They seem pretty gimmicky, and it would most likely require OTSR's. Also I think SWO has enough inversions and that they should get something with a lot of airtime (read: B&M or Intamin hyper/mega).

Just my thoughts, though!

Reactions: Jake and Peyton
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad