Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I'm glad I got to ride the original. Kind of sad seeing it like that. Only hope is it's a lot better than its predecessor.

Above is a new video showing off construction over at The Hulk Coaster. It does indeed appear to have an identical layout to its predecessor. I think it's bright green paint job also dispels any rumors of it being themed to something other than Marvel. Oh well, one could hope.

Reactions: Nicole
Shane said:
I think it's bright green paint job also dispels any rumors of it being themed to something other than Marvel. Oh well, one could hope.

What rumors are you talking about?

Those were killed when Universal publicly announced that it will be a Hulk themed roller coaster. They've also had signs plastered all over the construction walls saying "The Hulk will return in 2016."

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/new-hulk-coaster-revealed/?__source=sm.awr.ac.fj.&linkId=24280637

Looks like the new ride vehicles have been announced. Doesn't look floorless. Not sure though, not a lot of side view, but definitely has a front car still to it unlike Dominator or the like.

I have to admit, this looks really nice. Looks like it'll have on-board music and lighting which would look pretty cool at night. The new entry rendering looks pretty amazing as well. Nice they integrated some of the old removed track into it. I look forward to trying this again with the refurb next time I'm down there.

They're removing the cartoon aesthetic in favor of a realistic one that resembles the recent slew of comic movies (though clearly not officially related to the MCU). I'm looks forward to it.

Reactions: Mushroom
strycker said:
Looks like the new ride vehicles have been announced.  Doesn't look floorless.  Not sure though, not a lot of side view, but definitely has a front car still to it unlike Dominator or the like.
Yup, Hulk 2.0 has the standard B&M sit-down train.

Reactions: strycker
I'm guessing that the ride will now feature a magnetic launch. Just a guess though based on recent events with B&M.

strycker said:
Looks like the new ride vehicles have been announced.  Doesn't look floorless.  Not sure though, not a lot of side view, but definitely has a front car still to it unlike Dominator or the like.

Where was it mentioned that the new vehicles would be floorless?

B&M design their looping coasters with the center of gravity around the rider's heart, allowing for a smoother ride. A floorless train is elevated higher than a regular sit-down which is why you'll never see them converted.

but they converted mantis to a floorless coaster. I'm not saying they said it would be floorless, it clearly isn't, but I wouldn't say it isn't possible.

A stand up has about the same heart level as a floorless coaster, thats kinda why mantis was converted to rougarou.
But since all of hulks track was replaced I dont see why they could have redesigned the ride to have a higher heartline or something if they wanted a floorless coaster.

I know Sheikra is a Dive Machine, and quite different, but that had a floor originally. What made that different in regards to the heartline?

CastleOSullivan said:
I know Sheikra is a Dive Machine, and quite different, but that had a floor originally. What made that different in regards to the heartline?

I think it has to do with what has been stated earlier, the seat's height above the track. Regular floorless coaster trains' seats (example: Kraken) are higher above the tracks than a standard sit down B&M, which are relatively just on top of the track, because moving floors don't have to be able to move around the track and under the train during the load-unload process. Sheikra trains were at equal heights above the track weather they were floorless or not, most likely due to the stadium-seating design. Additionally, the height above the track may also play a role in rider envelope/clearance and the like, most likely limiting some conversions.

NO. It doesn't matter that much, it won't destroy the ride, and the sit-down vs. floorless arguement is bollocks.

see here:
SwdKeaW.png

it's in no limits but it shows side by side how these rides compare. a stand up coaster is not the same as a floorless. If the heatline location was such a big deal, then how can someone who is 56" tall and someone who is 78" tall ride a stand-up coaster? I'f anyone wants real physical examples I can produce them but this was easy and I think shows very well.

It was just speculation early on that they would redesign the cars to possibly be floorless. It was never actually said by Universal or B&M, only fans thinking outside the box. That was the rumor that went around when they initially showed the cars in the junk yard with the rest of the track sections.

How is that NoLimits software? It looks like a lot of fun.

Reactions: Eric
It takes a few hours to get good at it but it's pretty great. Like RCT on steroids. Not as user friendly though.

Do we have an opening date for this yet? I'm waiting to go to Universal until it opens.

Reactions: Eric
All they have said is late summer, which is a bummer, because I thought it would be open when I am going.

Also, NL is really fun, and I would recommend that if you want to get it, I would try the demo first, because like Fur Dozy said, it is not user friendly that much, but I do think NL is more user friendly than NL2, but that was just my experience.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad