Major Hulk Renovations Debuting in 2016

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 29, 2011
CastleOSullivan said:
I know Sheikra is a Dive Machine, and quite different, but that had a floor originally. What made that different in regards to the heartline?
SheiKra was actually designed to be converted to floorless.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Fur Dozy said:
NO. It doesn't matter that much, it won't destroy the ride, and the sit-down vs. floorless arguement is bollocks.

it's in no limits but it shows side by side how these rides compare. a stand up coaster is not the same as a floorless. If the heatline location was such a big deal, then how can someone who is 56" tall and someone who is 78" tall ride a stand-up coaster? I'f anyone wants real physical examples I can produce them but this was easy and I think shows very well.
I don't want to restart this debate, but I thought the differences in people's heights was one of the essential problems with stand-ups?

Reactions: Fur Dozy
Nov 5, 2009
I think that's why they stick the elements with minimal lateral g's and avoid zero-g rolls.

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
Nicole said:
I don't want to restart this debate, but I thought the differences in people's heights was one of the essential problems with stand-ups?
I have to agree. The riders' hearts are going to be all over the place on those things. I imagine the center of gravity is aimed for somewhere around the upper middle of the "seat" backs.

Reactions: Nicole
Sep 29, 2009
I heard it had to do with structural integrity, but I really don't know. I'm wondering why the standard sit-down model was chosen over a floorless model. Maybe that was already discussed. I actually know a few people who won't ride coasters where their feet dangle, but I don't think that would be their reasoning.

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
it is possible to launch a floor-less.  See Volcano. Yes I am aware that Hulk is B&M not Intimin.

I suspect heartlining prevents them from even considering changing to floor-less. Besides, what would be gained?

Nov 5, 2009
Zimmy said:
it is possible to launch a floor-less.  See Volcano. Yes I am aware that Hulk is B&M not Intimin.

I suspect heartlining prevents them from even considering changing to floor-less.  Besides, what would be gained?
We already covered heartline, it's not an issue. And volcano is an invert.

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
An invert with no floor. Which proves a Floorless model B&M could be launched. (Pretty sure this is Zimmy's point here)

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Fur Dozy said:
Zimmy said:

I suspect heartlining prevents them from even considering changing to floor-less.  Besides, what would be gained?
We already covered heartline, it's not an issue. And volcano is an invert.
I'm not sure that everyone agreed that heartlining isn't an issue.

Sep 30, 2015
So any word on the launcher? Still a bunch of tires on motors? Or was it converted to LIM technologies since B&M has moved over to that realm now?

Reactions: Fur Dozy
Login or Register to Hide This Ad