Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Oct 7, 2011
It's true. Magnum has been continuously sinking for about 30 years, if rumors have been accurate all this time, and they'd better hurry up and do something about it before it gets bad!

• Haha
Reactions: Mwe BGW and Nicole

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Maybe add better lap bar pads and allow for penalty-free setups (if the programming hadn't already been updated for this)... Otherwise, the only reason it should be torn down is if the structure is unsafe and cannot be fixed.

belsaas

Professional Shitposter
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Tear it down and replace with a B&M. Same or close to the same layout. Improve the skyline and ride experience.
I adore Magnum XL-200 perhaps because of the ride experience. Magnum feels like a coaster that pushed over 200 ft and as a result broke all the rules coasters knew, it isn’t smooth—it’s wires bent into a coaster shape. 3rd row 1st car is non-stop magic.

Also I think Cedar Point has enough B&Ms as part of the skyline—Magnum stands out as a unique aesthetic that will probably never be copied.

Oct 23, 2019
I adore Magnum XL-200 perhaps because of the ride experience. Magnum feels like a coaster that pushed over 200 ft and as a result broke all the rules coasters knew, it isn’t smooth—it’s wires bent into a coaster shape. 3rd row 1st car is non-stop magic.

Also I think Cedar Point has enough B&Ms as part of the skyline—Magnum stands out as a unique aesthetic that will probably never be copied.
I appreciate old, well maintained wood coasters. Holding onto an old Arrow just doesn't make sense to me, regardless of it's history. A diamond back like coaster would be fantastic there. An out and back hyper/giga is needed in that park so I hope that when the time comes, it's replacement is a non looping lift hill. Typically when I visit this park, it's a 1 ride on Magnum and only if the line is short.

I must get back to Cedar point, it's been too long since my last visit.

• Sad
Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
I appreciate old, well maintained wood coasters. Holding onto an old Arrow just doesn't make sense to me, regardless of it's history. A diamond back like coaster would be fantastic there. An out and back hyper/giga is needed in that park so I hope that when the time comes, it's replacement is a non looping lift hill. Typically when I visit this park, it's a 1 ride on Magnum and only if the line is short.

I must get back to Cedar point, it's been too long since my last visit.
As with all rides, it's not forcing you to ride it. Many people love the ride..... let them love it in peace and go ride something else.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad