Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Attraction Type
Flat Ride
Status
Existing

Manufacturer
Moser's Rides

Model
Gravity Tower

Hamlet
Oktoberfest (Germany)

Opening Date
August 18th, 2011

Attraction Height
240ft

Duration
About 90 Seconds

Riders Per Cycle

Height Requirement
48in

Mäch Tower is a Moser's Rides Gravity Tower located in the Oktoberfest section of Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Originally planned to debut in the spring alongside Beste Brezeln und Bier and numerous other alterations to the Oktoberfest hamlet, Mäch Tower faced months of delays throughout the first half of 2011. Ultimately, the attraction did not open to the public until August 18th, 2011.

When it debuted, Mäch Tower featured an onboard audio system which would play music throughout the ride's ascent and a seat vibration effect that would trigger immediately before the drop. A POV featuring the on-ride audio can be found below.

Mach Tower is typically converted into an observation tower named Nächt Tower for the park's annual holiday event, Christmas Town.

Sources:
  1. Mäch Tower Announcement Press Release
  2. Official Statement Regarding Opening Delays
  3. "Waiting for the Mach Tower to Drop" via The Virginian-Pilot
  4. "Busch Gardens opens towering drop ride after 3-month delay" via The Virginian-Pilot
  5. First Ride Video & Opening Day Photos via BGWFans
  6. Early Mäch Tower Ride Impressions via Theme Park Insider

Jul 5, 2017
I still haven't ridden this thing due to being bigger. Does it really suck that bad? Probably gonna end up riding Falcon's Fury first anyway.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Jul 5, 2017
Geesh. Well if you need a Drop Tower fix but hate Mach Tower we certainly have our terrifying giant at KD! Been running pretty much every visit I had this year except Sunday too!

Reactions: ControlsEE

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Given how sporadically I've been at the park since it opened, I don't have really any major complaints about it when it's operating - the seats on Drop Tower are generally comfier and don't have a giant hard plastic piece near your crotch, but I fit ok on both so no big deal.

Travis...

Professional Pantheon Simp
Jul 7, 2019
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
The ride was built for dummies that have no arms or legs, not human beings. The last time I rode it it felt like my arms were being amputated.
Someone next to me on the ride freaked out because they didn’t think their restraint was tight enough and I said “you’ll know it’s right enough when you loose circulation to your arms.”

Jul 5, 2017
^Can you guys imagine the fit Kingsmill people would throw if they built an Intamin Sky Jump? Think about it really, there is one specific thing about Falcon's Fury that would objectively get old to neighbors pretty quick, especially cranky neighbors with money.

EDIT: That being said Falcon's Fury slaps and I don't really care THAT much about the Kingsmill people it's just I'm sure that sound it makes is a huge argument against Falcon's Fury having a sister at BGW...........that and they probably don't see the need to tear down the drop tower the GP appears to happily get in line for.

Last edited:

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
I rode this with my daughter last night. Screw this ride, tear it down.
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

May 27, 2011
Weird, for all the hate, maybe I’m not so critical here. It goes up it goes down. I’ve never had a problem with this ride.

Rode Dr Doom’s drop ride at Islands…. That was fun, this is fun. Whatever.

Downtime is one thing, but the ride…no problems.

Last edited:
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Login or Register to Hide This Ad