Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I miss the old look of the trains with the orange stripe. I guess it will take getting used to. My ride yesterday didn't feel any different from my previous rides. I agree that some sort of a special effect (lighting, smoke, animatronic sea monster) should have been place in the tunnel. However, the tunnel did feel longer.

Reactions: Zachary and jornor
I haaaaaate the new trains, I have never experienced as much "jumping around" in a coaster as I did riding Nessie this past weekend. The harness was on as tight as possible and I couldn't keep my legs on the floor, kept sliding forward, kept jamming my knees against the back of the car...it didn't feel like the ride had gotten any TLC. :(

I'm coming to a similar conclusion on these new trains. They may track a little better, but, at least for me, the less inclined seat bottoms and higher riding position void any comfort improvements gained with the improvements. After my ride on Sunday, I have honestly concluded that I really prefer the original trains.

So is it true, I am hearing way down here in Orlando, that Nessie's Lair Cave, now has some kind of effects like a growling and a roar and some other special effects like LED lights for a Nessie eye effect. I hope so. She needs some TLC she getting up there to get close to getting her AARP card like me. So glad she got some new paint, and hopefully from what I have been reading they will work on the trains. Usually when warmer weather operations it should start being kind of smoother. Anyone know what kind of wheels are on the new train, did they maybe switch to the polyurethane wheels, or the nylon coated and I forget the other 2 types they have been using on some of the newer coasters.

I played the video in slow motion and found what could be an eye or two. I realize that this could just as easily be a hole in the cave letting skylight in, but I saw this eye-shaped light flash twice about 0.5-1 second apart at the end of the tunnel in the video. That might be all this is but look at the screenshot and zoom in to the upper left corner. I do think it would make sense to see it at this location, though. I think that's approximately where the original cutout was.

We should ask our eye-witnesses if they saw the eyes of Nessie and what color they were. I might go to explore the cave myself sometime this week.

GMbxb9q.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 5.10.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 5.10.14 PM.png
    540.5 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: belsaas
CastleOSullivan said:
We should ask our eye-witnesses if they saw the eyes of Nessie and what color they were. I might go to explore the cave myself sometime this week.
Two weekends ago I rode at night, and could've swore somewhere along the line I saw a dim blue light.
If the intention is that it is meant to be the eyes of Nessie, they are clearly not done or it is not very obvious. Hopefully there will be more to come in time for Nessie's birthday next month.
Also, the roar's volume needs to be cranked up quite a bit. It is audible, but easily missed if you aren't paying attention.

chickenking said:
Also, the roar's volume needs to be cranked up quite a bit. It is audible, but easily missed if you aren't paying attention.

I had to play the video a second time to be sure I heard it. The ride itself roars so much that it's hard to hear it in the video.

Reactions: Mushroom
CastleOSullivan said:

GMbxb9q.png

Yep, the eyes my group and I saw in the cave were yellow.

I know Nessie is 40 years old now (god bless her) but god is she rough. I rode today to hear the roar and I got slammed around so much...especially on the turn coming out of the first drop, in which I slammed straight to the right. makes me wonder what her original "shelf life" was...that is, if she had one like BBW did.

roar is nice!! do wish it was a bit louder though. people scream so loud in that cave.

I think the roughness is a result of her new trains, unfortunately. I have only ridden Nessie twice this year and I must have ridden the "good" train both times since I thought the ride was exceptionally smooth, but it's tragic to hear that the ride experience has been ruined by an apparently brutal new train. Before 2018, Nessie never had more than a mild Arrow bounce to her, so that an attempt to smooth her out with new trains made the ride experience dramatically rougher is tragic.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad