Login or Register to Hide This Ad

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
It's a lift restart issue. If any of the lifts stop, even for a normal block set-up, a team member has to go to the lift to restart it. It was a safety feature Arrow installed on their multi lift rides to my understanding.

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
Do you know why they can’t dispatch until the train clears the MCBR? It doesn’t seem like it would be a blocking issue since the lift can function as a block.
This would be, as stated below by @AIR, because that midcourse into the cave is flat. To restart the ride they first have to winch the train past that to where gravity can take over and then restart the ride, i believe.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
It's a lift restart issue. If any of the lifts stop, even for a normal block set-up, a team member has to go to the lift to restart it. It was a safety feature Arrow installed on their multi lift rides to my understanding.

Interesting - I've heard most Arrows had this kinda thing for block brakes setups, but I thought most had been reprogrammed to allow station op or automated control.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Interesting - I've heard most Arrows had this kinda thing for block brakes setups, but I thought most had been reprogrammed to allow station op or automated control.
LNM hasn't had any major controls system upgrades since the 80's. I'm guessing the park knows the ride is safe and that there is not much money to be saved by upgrading it. A lot of my clients still use that same PLC system and will only change it if it will make them more money or will save enough by reducing maintenance costs.

AIR

Busch Gardens Flying Coaster
Jul 7, 2017
Williamsburg VA
This would be, as stated below by @AIR, because that midcourse into the cave is flat. To restart the ride they first have to winch the train past that to where gravity can take over and then restart the ride, i believe.

Actually, I suppose I shouldn't have said "flat surface". Block brakes is actually a 2° decline, just like the station and transfer track. However, hitting closed brakes, the train will not make it all the way up the incline before it stops, causing the rear end of the train to hang off the back of the hill. This is where the winch is used. If the train makes it all the way up, the winch doesn't have to be used, still can though.

Reactions: Mwe BGW and Zachary
Nov 5, 2009
I could be wrong but I could have sworn I got stuck on that mcbr as a kid and it rolled in just fine afterward. This would have been like 20+ years ago so who knows if I'm misremembering. Seems to check out what Air said though.

It also amuses me that the last several pages of this thread are the same exact topic repeated over and over.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad