Existing Roller Coaster Loch Ness Monster

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Sep 29, 2009
^That’s correct. I’m still in shock over how smooth it was! I wish I would have ridden it again to see for certain that I’m not blowing this totally out of proportion, but I ran out of time. 😂

The best part is that it still retained its intensity level, minus the pain anticipation.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Road her tonight and the first 3 cars had people and with my as the only one in the back. Msn she pulls like crazy when she front heavy. It was a ruff ride but also incredible air time especially on the first drop.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Honestly and I hate to say this but it would not surprise me in the least given the lack of draw even with limited rides if Nessie only gets a few more years. I could very well see the park pulling the plug in another 7 years when she hits 50.

Reactions: michaeelaln
Feb 14, 2019
Honestly and I hate to say this but it would not surprise me in the least given the lack of draw even with limited rides if Nessie only gets a few more years. I could very well see the park pulling the plug in another 7 years when she hits 50.
Assuming the structure remains in good shape, they can keep getting parts, and there's no plans to use the space elsewise I'd think there's no reason to get rid of it.

It's a classic, a park icon, has good capacity, reliable, and a coaster landmark.

The most I could see happening in the foreseeable future is Morgan coming in and making some updates.

Jul 14, 2019
Honestly id rather go with S&S for any upgrades or modifications. Chance has only done ONE non kiddie coaster since they bought out DH Morgan (Lightning Run).

Nov 30, 2018
I could see this as well. It’s taking up valuable real estate that the park could want to drive more value out of.

There are plenty of ways it could be replaced appropriately with a more exciting ride, while keeping the original theme and iconic loops.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad