Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Honestly if they do ever get rid of Nessie I could see them taking Scotland and redoing it and creating a new country. This would be similar to what they did to create the new country of Ireland.

Thematically, it'd be it's own form of Brexit though to keep the English isles tie from Banbury Cross to Killarney, they only have Wales and North Ireland left.

Reactions: belsaas
So unpronouncable names and the IRA, I'd rather keep Scotland.

The IRA would give new meaning to the idea of dueling swings on FF... Or at least make it much more obvious. Also, would hurt if they chose a replacement to Nessie as an interactive Sally shooter (DK replacement, however...?).

Fortunately that never made it beyond the drawing board.

Thematically, it'd be it's own form of Brexit though to keep the English isles tie from Banbury Cross to Killarney, they only have Wales and North Ireland left.
Honestly I was thinking more along the lines of Spain or Greece instead of trying to keep the English Isles tie in.

Ik BGW frustrates us a lot, but we need to be thankful for the fact that they take such great care of this ride.

Seeing the Vortex news today makes me thankful that I have LNM in my backyard. Hindsight's 2020 guys, enjoy every ride while it's still here, you never know how much longer you have with them.

I love Nessie use to ride it from the time I was 5 or 6 when we use to always have a family vacation.
Love riding it with my pap and so glad when they added the ride photo actually have several photos of me and my pap, also when he passed away I put the first pic we ever got of us on his favorite coaster it his casket. He use to tell everyone about LNM he loved that ride

The supports will probably last longer than the track, no? If that's the case, I'm sure the park will bring in someone to manufacture a new track (and probably smooth out some trouble spots because if they don't, the public won't see it as "new")

I love Nessie use to ride it from the time I was 5 or 6 when we use to always have a family vacation.
Love riding it with my pap and so glad when they added the ride photo actually have several photos of me and my pap, also when he passed away I put the first pic we ever got of us on his favorite coaster it his casket. He use to tell everyone about LNM he loved that ride
That's awesome. Sorry for your loss?

Reactions: SukaUniFl
The supports will probably last longer than the track, no? If that's the case, I'm sure the park will bring in someone to manufacture a new track (and probably smooth out some trouble spots because if they don't, the public won't see it as "new")

Are you suggesting to do a complete retracking and call it a new experience?

My guess is if they do anything like that, it'll be done quietly without much fanfare. Probably for a milestone celebration year.

On that note, how long until it becomes the oldest steel coaster still operating? I can't remember what else currently has it beat.

Efteling's Python is the optimal case study for something like this. I don't know how much success the park saw as a direct result of the Python rebuild, but it did seem like they managed to get a lot of really favorable press coverage out of it (and reportedly it's glassy smooth now). One imagines there had to be a notable jump in ridership at the very least?

I have nothing really to add since I'm mostly indifferent toward LNM. But I would think ripping the ride out is a bad idea for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
I like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love this and had it on myy old phone and my mom is a breast cancer survivor, & I am cancer free for 5 years.
Thanks for this. Nessie is an old gal, but she still gives me excitement for riding it. They better never ever want to demolish the old girl either I would be up there and stand in front of the wrecking ball, channeling my Mylie Cyrus .

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad