Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Artist is Boris Vallejo.

I’d list his website here, but it’s juuuuust a little bit NSFW. It seems Boris really loves his boobs.

Well, not his boobs.

...Or, maybe his. How would I know?

Artist is Boris Vallejo.

I’d list his website here, but it’s juuuuust a little bit NSFW. It seems Boris really loves his boobs.

Well, not his boobs.

...Or, maybe his. How would I know?

Feel free to post the link—it's well within the realm of acceptable content under our forum rules.

Before anyone gets too excited, the description on the photo said that this was taken before the park opened. This almost certainly means the ride was in maintenance mode. As far as we know, Loch Ness Monster is specifically programmed to avoid this situation in normal operations.

That said, it's still an incredible photo!

Before anyone gets too excited, the description on the photo said that this was taken before the park opened. This almost certainly means the ride was in maintenance mode. As far as we know, Loch Ness Monster is specifically programmed to avoid this situation in normal operations.

I've always wondered why that is. Isn't the ride designed to handle that? Asking for a freind because I'm not sure.

I figured as much seeing that the trains are empty. Ever since they stopped syncing the loops my enthusiasm for riding Nessie has severly waned. I still like ride as is but don’t find it as exciting as it use to be and I often skip out on riding it on my visits even if it’s a walk-on.

I've always wondered why that is. Isn't the ride designed to handle that? Asking for a freind because I'm not sure.

Safety? If something fell out of train 1 and hit someone in train 2.

I figured as much seeing that the trains are empty. Ever since they stopped syncing the loops my enthusiasm for riding Nessie has severly waned. I still like ride as is but don’t find it as exciting as it use to be and I often skip out on riding it on my visits even if it’s a walk-on.

There are two people in the front row of train 1. But likely maintenance folk

Metal fatigue and/or loss of ground compaction due to excessive repeat vibrations from operation - something Arrow didn't originally accommodate for in their design since they way overbuilt the ride and figured it'd be fine.

That, and they probably didn't realize what 40 years of operation would actually be like... Just my guess as to why they're intentionally running without the trains going through the same physical area at the same time.

According to some Nessie ride ops, 1) Nessie doesn't duel anymore because loose articles can be a problem when they fall from the top loop to the bottom loop; and 2) because Nessie really isn't a viable ride to run 3 trains on, during 2 train ops, it's spaces the trains oddly to have them duel. Aka one has to dispatch immediately after the other has just reached the top of lift #1.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad