Existing Roller Coaster Loch Ness Monster

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

sereniv

Professional Snack Provider
Feb 9, 2018
so i know this is nit-picky buuuuut....shouldn't this picture be changed by now?

Attachments

Reactions: lce
Feb 14, 2019
Hello! I've been reading through many of the posts on here and have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for (first post - sorry if this is in the wrong thread):

Based on data others here have shared, I understand that when the park was first opened, the dammed up portion of Grove Creek that runs through the park was already named the Rhine River.

I was wondering why?

If Nessie was one of the first rides that opened within the first year of the park with the German hamlets were opening later, wouldn't it have made more sense to name it Loch Ness as that's literally the name of a lake in Scotland where the 'monster' resides?

Also, the actual Rhine is a river that flows while the BGW version does not, naming the waterway after a lake instead would also make more sense in that direction.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom shared!

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Hello! I've been reading through many of the posts on here and have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for (first post - sorry if this is in the wrong thread):

Based on data others here have shared, I understand that when the park was first opened, the dammed up portion of Grove Creek that runs through the park was already named the Rhine River.

I was wondering why?

If Nessie was one of the first rides that opened within the first year of the park with the German hamlets were opening later, wouldn't it have made more sense to name it Loch Ness as that's literally the name of a lake in Scotland where the 'monster' resides?

Also, the actual Rhine is a river that flows while the BGW version does not, naming the waterway after a lake instead would also make more sense in that direction.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom shared!
Nessi wasn't there when the park opened. Nessi opened in 78 the park opened in 75.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad