Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Pretzel Kaiser

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2011
Last time I was at BG, the very awesome attendant at the LNM gate let us in the extended queue area to take pics. For those who haven't been through it, it's set up like an expedition base camp. Here are some pics for you all to enjoy.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 134
I've tried multiple times before and they wouldn't let me either. Studio and I just got lucky that day.

Reactions: Gavin
BG Europe Fan said:
Thank you for posting these pics of something so few of us have ever seen up close.

I take it no one goes there on a saturday in the summer? That queue is open all the time when it's busy.

I was going to say nice photos been a long time since i was in that part of the queu line. But i figured it was still used busy days in the summer

I waited back there in the 90's, the tents actually have recordings of people talking over radios in them. Also, the monster tank has bubbling windows that light up blue inside.

Reactions: Zachary and Sky
I got to go through there last summer and sadely all they have left through all of there is audio, but it has to be some of the best themeing for a queue line compared to all the other coasters.

B-Mac said:
They only had it open once whenever I visited. It had a line going out of the front gate, too.

LNM was the first coaster I rode at BGW and I can vividly remember waiting in that queue line, I always thought it had an awesome theme!

I have been riding this ride for 4-6 years(I couldn't remember if it were for my life(I think that is the expression)) I think I have waited in the line 2-3 times, and the first time wasn't until 2011, and I was so excited. This is because after all this time I would just maybe get a glimpse of it while most of the time I walk through the line. However, I loved hearing the radio calls, and how near the end where you go into the twist turn part the submarine people are experiencing "problems." Anyway, I've noticed more recently it has been open more, and in general LNM has been having a longer line than before. But everytime I go on it the station is always filled weather it has a line or not, maybe it is because the ride with three trains operating always goes fast, so it empties out more easily..... Now if only they could bring back the theming in the tunnel.
Also, I've noticed that the ride has been experience a lot less technical difficulties than the other rides even the B&M's, which is a good sign considering its age.

I've been through this part several times (However, I think I've only been there because of a long line once, all the other times the ride is normal). I think that part is my favorite in all the park queue. I love Verrboltens with its attention to detail, but I love the old feel of that part.

Reactions: Mushroom
JuniorBGWfan28 said:
Also, I've noticed that the ride has been experience a lot less technical difficulties than the other rides even the B&M's
If you were to be at BG from 10-10 on a Saturday in the summer with 3 train operation, and do nothing but watch Nessie all day long, you would see it stop for a setup at least 3 times.

It's probably been almost ten years since I waited in that section of the line. I've sort of wanted to go down there to see it since it's been so long but I'm also a fan of short lines, too.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad