Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
^Anything for a fellow ParkFan ;). Let the journey into the park's history commence!

I have that book. It is a really interesting read. Really cool to read about the old parks at Ocean city and Rehobath Beach.

Reactions: Mushroom
Man, we need to start a new thread..."Books (and other media) about the Park". Sounds like lots of us are interested! :cool:

Reactions: Hoopla
yeah look there is one of jersey etc..
https://www.google.com/search?q=Jim+Futrell&oq=Jim+Futrell&aqs=chrome.0.69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Jim+Futrell+books&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&ei=M1LGUfXRMO-90QHbyIDYDg&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48293060,d.dmQ&fp=1bef30d027c39600&biw=1600&bih=775

Reactions: b.mac and Hoopla
If you're interested in the history of New Jersey's most famous park I'd recommend this book. It's the history of Six Flags Great Adventure, and has plenty of pictures of the park's original concept all the way through to 2009 when Bizarro (re)opened. Most of the pictures were taken from GreatAdventureHistory.com with their permission. GAH has done an excellent job covering the history of many of the current and past rides in the park and if there's any rare photos of rides in that park these guys usually get them first.

b.mac said:
If you're interested in the history of New Jersey's most famous park I'd recommend this book. It's the history of Six Flags Great Adventure, and has plenty of pictures of the park's original concept all the way through to 2009 when Bizarro (re)opened. Most of the pictures were taken from GreatAdventureHistory.com with their permission. GAH has done an excellent job covering the history of many of the current and past rides in the park and if there's any rare photos of rides in that park these guys usually get them first.

thank you I am from jersey and actually lobe great adventure history.

Reactions: b.mac
chickenking said:
^
Like Natoma, did you just ask the guards there and were let in? If so, will have to do that next trip. :cool:

Yes, I wouldn't consider sneaking in. The guard thought it was OK but called his supervisor or whatever to confirm it. I expect it helped that I was carrying the camera, because they might think "just looking around" isn't a valid reason to be back there. Good luck!

I remember that when I was a kid I didn't even know it was the Extended Queue, I just thought it was something to look at from afar while in the regular queue. But I did get to wait in here last year, pretty cool.

So I'm guessing from the bubbles and lights coming from the big tank that they caught Nessie and she's in there?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad