Local Hampton Roads Covid-19 Information

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Costco Newport News - No paper goods, no Lysol/Clorox type stuff, no soft soap. Store is limiting 25 in/25 out. One you get in, it's a breeze to shop and check out.

Reactions: tursiops

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Aug 11, 2018
According to that article, only 2790 people had been tested in VA. That's an awfully low number. Consider this: many, many more probably have it and will get better before ever getting tested, or have no symptoms at all. Also consider, as testing increases, the number of confirmed cases will go up. (surprise, surprise) If we draw this out long enough, the official numbers will keep climbing and everybody will be freaked out for weeks on end.

I don't know what the answer is, but this whole time, the reporting of "number of cases" and "mortality rates" has seemed like wild guessing, since very few are tested and we know that it is very possible to have it and never feel a thing.

Reactions: BGWnut and warfelg

sereniv

Professional Snack Provider
Feb 9, 2018
my boyfriend and several other people i know work at the shipyard. this is really frightening. they have been on liberal leave for the past week, so many people have still been working.

• Sad
Reactions: Zachary
Mar 16, 2016
Login or Register to Hide This Ad