Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Pretzel Kaiser

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2011
Zachary and I were tossing around the idea of doing reviews of local Halloween attractions officially for the site.  I'm coming to you all to gauge interest for that idea and to ask for ideas for places to visit.  The area would be Hampton Roads up through Richmond.  I would also be considering doing ghost walks that are available year round as well.  So far my list is

-BGW
-KD
-Hunt Club
-Nauticus Ghost Ship
-Spooky Acres
-Various Ghost Walks

Is this something you guys would want?

edit: We're pitching this now because I need to plan to do all these things.

There's a lot of historical based stuff everywhere. While these are great during Halloween, I don't want to focus on these since a lot are year round.

There are haunted things in Old Town Alexandria, I think. And maybe stuff at the farms out 66 and 29.

Ashland Berry Farm, just north of Richmond, has been doing Halloween stuff for a very long time. I go every 5 years or so to see what's new. I went 10 years ago and the haunted house was the best I had ever been in. I went 4 years ago and was disappointed that the haunted house was gone, but the hayride was changed and quite terrifying. It included getting off of the ride for a stroll through the pitch black woods. In the woods there is an old barn or something that you enter. Pretty creepy. they have corn mazes and other activities too.

Reactions: wombat96
I took a trip out to Cox Farms in Northern VA a few years ago for their family event and it's a pretty nice place, although a bit on the pricey side. They have a Halloween event as well that I've been curious to try.

http://fieldsoffear.coxfarms.com/default.aspx

I did the Cox Farms thing a few years ago. The attractions/events were a rip off. The pumpkin butter, however, was divine.

Right over the Maryland border there's a place called the Haunted Forest -- it's apparently really good, but that's about all I know about it, sorry.

There's one in Disputanta called Total Terror. I thought it was pretty good. A forest setting always adds a lot to the feel of it.

No lie, Liberty University's haunt (Scaremare) is the probably one of the most intense maze experiences in Virginia.

You should check it out, you'll be floored.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Scaremare presents fun-house rooms and scenes of death in order to confront people with the question "What happens after I die?"

Groups of people experience a 40-minute journey, passing through creepy trails, dark woods and eventually entering the House. At the end of the experience, visitors are presented with an answer to this question and given the life-changing message of Jesus Christ. Approximately 26,000 people have made decisions for Christ over the past two decades. Ironically, this House of Death points to the Way of Life!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad