Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 24, 2009
In line for Alpengeist, no where near the station platform (or a ride attendant)and four people walk right through all of us. No one said or did anything (me included). The supervisor I spoke to after the fact said I should have started yelling "line-jumpers" and then other people would have joined in. This was the first time I have ever experience people cutting in line and was so shocked that, yes, I did not do a thing about it.

Is there a better way of handling a situation like this when a ride attendant is not in ear shot or even visible, other than jumping around and screaming "line-jumpers"? Should I have walked through the line myself and told the ride attendant...?

Reactions: Mushroom
I know I wouldn't have done anything either. It would have felt rude and inappropriate.

How insane is that?

Nic said:
I know I wouldn't have done anything either. It would have felt rude and inappropriate.

How insane is that?

I would have tried to get in their way... Much like I do on the highway when people run up and try to cut in traffic. you in turn would have yelled at me.

Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
I have a tendency to say something immediately to the people. I am 6 foot 300, and can be very intimidating though. I actually knocked two , mafia want to be, guys out, at great adventure, when I was 16. They were pushing their way through line. It really makes me angry. My mother's face was priceless! Family vacations were awesome. I think that was the last trip we took as a family. Coincidence? I think justifiable rudeness! I give it out if they ask for it.

edit: I am in no way condoning violence. I was 16 and a shirt open gold medallion wearing dude pushed me and that was not wise for him. Just saying.

People used to cut us in the line for Verbolten all the time before they added the bushes. We told the ride attendant and he said he couldn't do anything without seeing it but he talked to them and basically told them it was wrong, which I appreciated (they were probably 10-12 yrs old). The best was when we were getting in line for Griffin, with QQ, and someone jumped right into the line while it was in the extended queue. The attendant at the front noticed and told her she couldn't get in line there. Of course the family was like, oh she's with us it's okay. In the end... they all went to the back of the line, and I was happy.
P.S. Cedar Fair is the worst about line cutting in my personal experience, for many reasons including that their demographic is considerably younger.

Reactions: gazisghost
Had an incredible experience with this in Hersheypark last year. A guy was asking people if he could cut in front of them, and not one person had a problem with it until he asked me. I told him that "I didn't think cutting in line was a good thing and that I should ask security about it" and he immediately started making excuses like that he had medical problems that allowed him to skip in line. I played dumb and allowed him to cut but once everyone nearby caught wind that they could call security everyone basically started rioting until he got kicked out of line.

Reactions: gazisghost
ZJhauler said:
People used to cut us in the line for Verbolten all the time before they added the bushes. We told the ride attendant and he said he couldn't do anything without seeing it but he talked to them and basically told them it was wrong, which I appreciated (they were probably 10-12 yrs old).

I know it isn't technically "line cutting," but at Verbolten I have seen several groups walk between the bushes to avoid walking all of the way around to get to the end of the line. It just seem rude to stomp across the grass and assorted greenery to save yourself 30 seconds of walking, especially when you consider maintenance costs.

Nic said:
I know it isn't technically "line cutting," but at Verbolten I have seen several groups walk between the bushes to avoid walking all of the way around to get to the end of the line. It just seem rude to stomp across the grass and assorted greenery to save yourself 30 seconds of walking, especially when you consider maintenance costs.

...guilty...

they just need to pour some concrete in that section. Or put another small bush there.

Reactions: Kitty
Evan said:
Nic said:

...guilty...

they just need to pour some concrete in that section. Or put another small bush there.

my biggest problem with it was that people would cut through it while I was walking around the right way. One time we were cut in front of, so when the line stopped we just walked back in front of them and they said to each other "did they just cut in front of us?" So then I explained to them why we did. Anyways, it's the thing that annoys me most at all parks.

b.mac said:
For those who haven't been to the park recently, they added holly bushes to that little cut out. Makes it more painful to cut through now.

Yes, I've seen it prevent people from cutting through also. They tried to but were shut down by the bushes.

Reactions: Nicole
^ I can confirm. We waltzed right through them.

Sorry people, but if I can get through them, I'm walking through those bushes. Don't blame me for the park's awful queue design. I'm an American- it's my patriotic duty to my country to find the easiest way to do anything and everything. Walking around their pointless spirally queue line isn't the quickest and easiest way.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad