Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Looks like an upgrade for sure. Kritter Korral looked painfully outdated, and it really didn’t offer anything that Cow-A-Bunga or H2O UFO didn’t do better. Even when I was a small child I remember never spending more than a few minutes at Kritter Korral compared to the other two areas. It was just a bunch of identical small slides (with different themes) in a wading pool. This splash pad looks like a great idea — dynamic and very different from the park’s other two kiddie areas.

Kritter Korral was also staff-intensive, with attendants needed to monitor the slides and a number of lifeguards needed to monitor the standing water. Without any standing water, this splash pad will probably require only a single attendant to staff it. Which means more staff to be distributed elsewhere in the park — something we can all be excited about.

Apr 7, 2013
Anyone at the park today or tomorrow? We were thinking of going on Sunday if the Splash Pad opens...

Jun 6, 2013
Splash pad is still closed. I find it disgraceful that they still include it in their marketing though, without even mentioning it's not open. Also what's the hold up? It's now 2 months late!

Nibbins

Resident Rat - They/Them
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
I went out on Sunday for the last day of the season and had my kids try out the splash pad for the first time.

I have to say I'm not impressed.
Took my daughter all of 40 seconds to slip, fall on her butt and scrape the side of her leg open on the sanded concrete surface.

I felt like the play features are a bit lacking considering how large the area is.

I'm also not sure if it is a good idea to have the deck on the back side of the pad made out of wood.
Where the wood touches the splash pad it is permanently wet and in the shadow for large parts of the day. I would imagine it will need to be replaced frequently.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad