Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I had the chance to ride it last Monday. Felt a bit slower, but overall it still had decent pacing...and I rode it first thing in the day before it got warmed up. Quad-down still felt pretty intense. It has dropped in my personal rankings, but I'm glad it's more accessible than ever to actually ride. In my opinion, Dollywood made the most out of a really crummy situation.

While I have no comparison experience of LR before a chain lift, I can 100% state that it is still an amazing ride. They had two trains running consistently with zero downtime and the line was super long all day.

I did notice the pothole everyone mentions though…it would be appreciated if they fixed that as that’s the only unpleasant experience of the ride.

I enjoyed it on Thursday, thought it was a great ride experience.

RMC's rigidly enforced ankles-back, poor-leverage riding position is basically awful for some of the elements they seem to love most. So while traversing the LR layout at its current slower speed certainly had its ponderous moments, it actually was less painful and therefore more inviting to repeat ridership than more typical RMC ride experiences with their characteristic overdependence on bucking-bronco whiplash. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Of course ample comfort can be had by just sitting on a park bench. A ride needs to do something special to be worth the queue. The current incarnation of LR feels to me like a great balance between not enough and too much, very much in line with what Dollywood seems to aim for in the family-with-a-thrillseeker-in-the-group demographic.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad