Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I just watched a video of a mad house and ... I don't get what is fun about this. But there's a lot of dialogue and it was in German, which I do not know. So I skipped ahead to the "ride" part of it. I mean, I guess it would be a kinda cool effect once.

Sounds like a good addition, I really enjoyed Houdini's Great Escape at Gadv, which is also a Vekoma Madhouse. Didn't know they were still being made.
Ooh. Didn't know SFGAdv had one. I will try it next time we go and see what I think.

Ooh. Didn't know SFGAdv had one. I will try it next time we go and see what I think.

GAdv hasn't had all of their effects working in quite a while but I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough on youtube you could find one where the majority of them were working properly.

Like GAdv's had a crystal ball that would show Houdini's head talking during his dialogue, keys would show up in the mirrors on either side of the ride, there were lightning effects on the ceiling. They're incredible rides when they have all their effects working.

I've been on the one at alton towers which is amazing and the one at GAdv. Both are great. Might be even better if you go in without any Idea of what will happen. I did and I was thoroughly confused for basically the entire ride cycle.

I just watched a video of a mad house and ... I don't get what is fun about this. But there's a lot of dialogue and it was in German, which I do not know. So I skipped ahead to the "ride" part of it. I mean, I guess it would be a kinda cool effect once.
You can't gather anything from a video.... at all. And you honestly don't have to worry about trying them due to concerns about getting sick because, as intense as the experience can get, closing your eyes really does make it go away.

I honestly still really miss Dizzy Lizzy's..... Probably one the best attractions Idlewild ever had and it seems not a lot of people even remember it. I honestly like it more than the Houdini ones even though the Vekoma ones are more involved.

Reactions: Zachary
GAdv hasn't had all of their effects working in quite a while but I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough on youtube you could find one where the majority of them were working properly.

Like GAdv's had a crystal ball that would show Houdini's head talking during his dialogue, keys would show up in the mirrors on either side of the ride, there were lightning effects on the ceiling. They're incredible rides when they have all their effects working.
Aww, that's a bummer. I wish they would get all the effects working again.

Holy just saw this, this a relocation or a brand new madhouse? I love these rides, I got a tour of Houdini at great adventure, if you check my great adventure blog it’s somewhere around 30-40 mins in iirc? It’s after the Medusa tour cus it went down when we got there. It’s a super cool system.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad